Civil Service changing jobs to lower grade

doc1111

I've recently applied for a job in the civil service at a lower grade then my existing role. I wondering if successful do I start at bottom of lower payscale or can I get credit for service in my existing/higher grade? does anyone know who works in the sector

Are you moving from private sector, public sector or civil service.

If its from Private sector the answer is rarely.
From the Civil Services yes.
From Public yes, probably, not always straight forward if the grades don't align exactly.

Its civil to civil, EO to CO on open panel(relocation), if I move do I get credit in time or pay? All circulars relate to moving to higher posts

In an open competition you might have to go to the first point on the scale (like everyone else on the panel) or they may allow you to mark time.

The Public Appointments Service should be able to tell you or maybe DPER.

You would need to check this with PeoplePoint (NSSO).

As you’ve acknowledged, it’s an unusual query as most movements between grades are upwards (e.g promotions).

I think the most likely outcome would be that your time spent as an EO would count for incremental purposes. For example if you have been an EO for three years, you would start on the fourth point on the CO scale.

How did this turn out for you Doc1111? I find myself in a similiar situation, any information/advise is very welcome.

Back