Civil Bill no longer valid?

LawFully

I have an outstanding loan from an Irish bank to a Limited company with personal guarantee from me.I have tried to negotiate a resolution but we couldn't agree a plan so the bank insist on immediate repayment in full and have passed the case to their solicitors.The amount is enough to put it in the civil court and I received a Civil Bill that they would be looking for a judgement against me.I didn't enter an appearance as I owe the money and don't dispute this. I was waiting until funds owing to me were paid so that I could clear or partly clear the debt.
The banks solicitors, while pushing for repayment have not yet sought a judgement, although they continue to threaten.
I have now managed to reduce the amount to around €5000 so I would like to know:

Is the original Civil Bill invalid as the amount involved has now dropped below the Civil Court threshold?

If so,I presume that I can expect a District Court Claim Notice as the bank still indicates that they are not prepared to enter into a phased agreement despite the majority of the outstanding amount being discharged. I can't pay the balance right now, however I will be working outside the country shortly and will be able to save enough to pay it by summers end.. So I would like to know.:

If I can't be served the Claim Notice as I won't be in the country,will that allow me enough time to save the money and pay off the balance without a judgement being made or registered, or can a judgement be made without my receiving notification?
Or if I accept a Claim Notice and attend the hearing, can I make my proposals re payment to the judge? Would the judge be likely to stay the proceedings if my repayment suggestions were reasonable?

Register a letter to their Solicitors outlining your repayment plan. Send a copy to the Bank, they will defer it as you are making contributions.

It is very unlikely they would secure a judgment against you with repayments coming down however you must put in an appearance to ensure that.

Palerider.Thanks for that. Am I correct in thinking that that the original civil bill is no longer valid? That the banks solicitors will need to Issue a new set of district court proceedings to continue with their threat of recording a judgement.?

Not sure about that as I’m not a Solicitor.

An opinion for what it’s worth is that the civil bill stands correct at time of issue and that is used to ground the case against you.

They cannot get a judgment against you without your consenting to it and you will not do that, if they progress then get a Solicitor and enter a defence.

Palerider.Thanks for that. Am I correct in thinking that that the original civil bill is no longer valid? That the banks solicitors will need to Issue a new set of district court proceedings to continue with their threat of recording a judgement.?

I would have thought that the original Civil Bill was still valid if the sum claimed in the pleadings is within the Circuit Court's jurisdiction.
What might be argued is that there has been partial satisfaction of the amount properly claimed within the Circuit Court proceedings.

Back