Citywest - good/bad?

Squidward

Hi,

Just wondering how good citywest is as a location. There doesn't seem to be many amenities around the housing estates. Can anybody shed any light on this area?

Cheers.

Re: Citywest - good/bad??

There's a new shopping centre being built beside the carrigmore housing estate (not sure of completion date though) and its planned to have Superquinn I think as the main tentant. Also the Luas is planned to run down to the same roundabout and into Citywest.

I know a couple of other pubs/restaruants etc are planned for the citywest area so while the ameneties arent there at present I guess for the long term they are planned!

Just FYI the anchor tenant is Dunnes Stores. I think I previously posted Superquinn but the latest info I've heard is Dunnes Stores. Luas is die sometime in 2008. You can find more info about Citywest Village (the shopping centre) on the South Dublin County Council website's planning permission archive. Look under Place Properties as the applicant. I believe the plans were lodged last year.

Hi there,
I went to look at a two bed down there and could not get over how SMALL it was, especially the living area. The rooms were nothing special either.

The only thing that was good was the price at €285,000 for a two bed with parking. When we were driving in to see it I did notice a hughe new gym, shops and I think there was a restaurant as well.

Cheers,
M

Hello,

Im of the opinion that City West is a good area to buy in, try keep to Carrigmore side as more likely to hold its value than the Belfry which is close to Jobstown.

Friends of mine have bought there and some others have rented there and transport seems to be the only thing they complain about - they have to get a taxi to the nearest Luas stop but once thats sorted, will be fine. There's a couple more developments further past City West in Saggart village itself, Slade Castle and the Mill Race - I've viewed apartments in Slade Castle (tiny!) but Mill Race is meant to be bigger.

ciara_gmail said:
Hello,

Im of the opinion that City West is a good area to buy in, try keep to Carrigmore side as more likely to hold its value than the Belfry which is close to Jobstown.

Sorry Ciara, just to point out that I live very near Jobstown and our house has tripled in value over the last 5 years.

Moesha, didnt mean to offend anyone living in any part of Tallaght, just based on my own opinion and reputation of areas etc.. if you say so about tripling the value it must be true.

Madmoe,
Which developement was this u saw?

''I went to look at a two bed down there and could not get over how SMALL it was, especially the living area. The rooms were nothing special either.''

What size as in M.sq do u think is small?

In general I think Citywest is only going to incerase in value, as already mentioned there are alot of plans to expand and develop this area.
Maybe compare it to Sandyford area not so many years ago and see where that is at now. And the point the Jobstown is closer to Belfry which means is will be worth less is not substantial. One might suggest that there are similar estates in Sandyford also but that never hindered any plans of developement.

You werent offending me i was just saying what we are experiencing. We are very tempted to sell at the moment!!!!!

Have to say prices in the Jobstown area have absolutely shot up in the last few months, my parents sold their 3 bed semi in Mountainview (jobstown) for €245k 6 months ago and identical houses on their street are now being valued at €320-330k which is a pretty hefty increase for just over 6 months!

Hi

We just bought a 3 bed t/house in Millrace and are happy with the size, actually seems a little bigger than the showhouse. We had not looked at Slade Castle before.

There's a couple more developments further past City West in Saggart village itself, Slade Castle and the Mill Race - I've viewed apartments in Slade Castle (tiny!) but Mill Race is meant to be bigger.[/quote]

hi can someone tell me where there is a gym in city west, i have been to see the one in the hotel and don't like it, very old fashioned. Anyone know of any others around

Nearest one I can think of is the gym in Tallaght village, think its a westwood.

leigh said:
hi can someone tell me where there is a gym in city west, i have been to see the one in the hotel and don't like it, very old fashioned. Anyone know of any others around

paddy7 thanks, must check that out only the traffic could be bad getting there in the evening

The gym in Tallaght village is now on the Greenhills road, next to the school, its called WestPark and is pretty impressive, if expensive.

Back