Citreon Picasso or Ford Mondeo Estate?

C

ckc123

Hello - we are looking for a second hand family car - to fit 2 adults, 2 kids in car seats and a big dog.

We have narrowed it down (for the moment!) to a Picasso or a Ford Mondeo estate - has anyone had any experience with these cars?

Can anyone recommend any other cars?
Thanks. And happy holidays.

Despite the fact that this thread refers to a the reference to the previous threads contained therein might be helpful.

Happy Hols to you also :)

Based on my experience, I wouldn't touch a Citroen. Poor reliability, with expensive parts and servicing.

The Mondeo is a superb car and is reasonable to service. Also should be quite reasonable secondhand.

I'd question the consistency of your final selection. A "C" Segment MPV and a "D" segment estate. Not exactly comparing apples with apples?

For good secondhand advice & deals try here

Based on my experience Citroen are sh**e. I even wrote to James Wyse MD of Citroen to tell him as much. I have put the offspring of Citroen employees through college. I had a sticker on mine staying "Everythin about this car says quality". Spent 3/4 weeks a year in garages.

Mondeo, fine car to drive, parts are cheap. Would be a bit concerned about depreciation though. How about the Focus C-Max?

Look at Honda Accord Estate if you want reliability and quality.

ford mondeo

Thanks for the advice - we went for the Mondeo - so far, so good - it is great to drive.

Back