Circulation fan for Laptop

daviehug

I own a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A 1667g and it will not load up..I have been told that the fan has burnt out. Am looking to replace the fan - any advice where to buy.
Thanks
Dave

Thanks for replying. It goes as far as the login screen and then turns off without giving you a chance to login.

dave

These are very hard to find- (for FJ Siemens laptops) impossible to buy new in Ireland. I got a reconditioned one (thanks to ClubMan) on e-bay.

This thread may be of interest.

Ive seen fans go on kit before and the crashing was only experienced after the cpu heated up. Id get it looked at by a proper repair shop as you may be spending money unnecessarily on a new fan. Not to say its not the fan, but it just doesnt sound like it.

I agree. If it crashes/shuts down fairly immediately after switching on before it has time to overheat then it could be something else altogether. As ever diagnosing the root of the problem requires a systematic process of elimination approach.

...I have been told that the fan has burnt out....

I'm surprised that someone who could tell you this wasn't able to tell you where to source a fan. The only way to know the fan is not working is to open it up, and see it not working. Once you've done this you could see what make and model it was, it usually on the fan and search for a replacement. Sometimes they simple get blocked with dusk and grime and once cleaned work fine.

I had a similar problem and bought an external base that contains a few fans and blasts air through the laptop, never crashed since.

Aircobra 19,
You were spot on.... I opened the laptop and cleaned the fan. Started the machine and it is working again. You genius...you have saved me quite a few bob.
Again thanks to all posters.

dave

You might want to search out some software that monitors temps on your laptop. Generally when the laptop starts to get hot or noisy its time to clean the fan again. Same with desktop computers. They sit on the floor hoovering all the dust.

Back