Circle K fuel discounts

Can use it at 420 Circle K stations.

Why can't you tap €30 at a time with the Circle K card? Over and over again?
The card doesn't have a chip just a magnetic strip on the back and needs to be inserted into the terminal for use.

At the moment I currently purchase my diesel from Certa stations for the following three reasons:
  1. They generally tend to be the cheapest or not far off it, usually cheaper than what I'm seeing in Circle K.
  2. I can pay using my AIB Credit card which earns an admittedly small 0.5% cashback.
  3. I can scan my Tesco Clubcard to earn points towards Tesco vouchers.
I have heard of people who use a circle K card and combine it with additional discounts through the likes of their car insurance provider and their trade union, so perhaps it could ultimately work out cheaper than my current method but then you would be forced to choose a particular car insurance provider (which may not be the best value premium) so it's hard to know what the optimum solution is.

At the moment I currently purchase my diesel from Certa stations for the following three reasons:
  1. They generally tend to be the cheapest or not far off it, usually cheaper than what I'm seeing in Circle K.
  2. I can pay using my AIB Credit card which earns an admittedly small 0.5% cashback.
  3. I can scan my Tesco Clubcard to earn points towards Tesco vouchers.
I have heard of people who use a circle K card and combine it with additional discounts through the likes of their car insurance provider and their trade union, so perhaps it could ultimately work out cheaper than my current method but then you would be forced to choose a particular car insurance provider (which may not be the best value premium) so it's hard to know what the optimum solution is.

It's no longer possible to combine 2 discounts with Circle K since about the middle of 2023. Previously you could use a QR code EG Axa to get 4c off and another 4c off by paying with Fuel card. It was even possible to stack the QR 4c off on top of their December fuel day price.

In my own case the Circle K garage I pass on the way to work is usually the same price as the Inver Garage opposite it so with the 4c off it's the cheapest option.

@Cervelo, @Dr Strangelove & others:

I emailed the credit approval person to cancel it last night. No response as yet, Friday evening.

But I doubt if it's credit approval's place to cancel, moreover after the card issue order is in train. The Ts & Cs put the onus on the card nominee to kill it some other way. So I expect it to arrive and I can then call a helpline to verify all the safety concerns that some of your comments have half-assured. I love the PIN-only payment idea. Not so sure about the 14-day payment cycle and adding another bloody DD to my list.

I suppose we can't take both Axa and ParkingTag discounts :) ?

Let's see . . . on €20 a week that's a saving of €4.20 less the 99c standing charge for ParkingTag making it €3.21.

But every bit counts towards changing the worn clutch - something that has a far greater impact on my juice outlay, in urban driving moreover.

It's no longer possible to combine 2 discounts with Circle K since about the middle of 2023.
I got the benefit of two a couple of times recently: (a) 4c/L off via my Circle K fuel card plus (b) 5c/L off via the two vouchers that they issued before Xmas when they did a 20c/L discount one day in December. So, 9c/L off altogether for two visits. And my nearest Circle K is consistently the cheapest fuel outlet in a c. 5km radius to begin with. The terms and conditions suggested that this shouldn't happen but it did and I'm not complaining. :)

I got the benefit of two a couple of times recently: (a) 4c/L off via my Circle K fuel card plus (b) 5c/L off via the two vouchers that they issued before Xmas when they did a 20c/L discount one day in December. So, 9c/L off altogether for two visits. And my nearest Circle K is consistently the cheapest fuel outlet in a c. 5km radius to begin with. The terms and conditions suggested that this shouldn't happen but it did and I'm not complaining. :)
Stacking codes was happening for years apparently but I did notice AXA were pretty fast to cut me off once I didn't renew my house insurance with them a few months back. The card can still be used in places like Halfords and my other half still has an active policy with them for Stena discounts etc.

The old fuel card came in the morning post. The PIN to follow apparently tomorrow.

After the precisions of responders here I may give it a go - cautiously.

As Harvard said, there's just a magnetic strip on the back, no chip built into it.

IMG_20240304_124442.jpg

I note that apart from the big 18-digit card number, it also embosses the holder's insurance policy number, the holder's name and the holder's vehicle registration number.

The last-named is curious. Does this mean I can't use the card for a second car or a friend's car ? Or is it just a check to verify if a card presenter has this knowledge ?

Last edited:
I note that apart from the big 18-digit card number, it also embosses the holder's insurance policy number, the holder's name and the holder's vehicle registration number.

The last-named is curious. Does this mean I can't use the card for a second car or a friend's car ? Or is it just a check to verify if a card presenter has this knowledge ?
Mine just has my name on it twice, the first I presume is supposed to be a company name or account holder and the second the users name
As Mrs C's card also has my name first then hers!!
Never heard of a fuel card displaying your insurance number, what's the point of that??
IIRC you don't have to have your registration on the card but some businesses do and restrict the card usage to that vehicle only
Did you set this up as a business account by any chance??
I can use my card to fill up anybody's car, the card is unique to me and not the vehicle

Just spoke to Circle K woman who says my card is a personal one and I can buy juice for other cars too. She does so herself, she says.

The insurance policy no. is cause I got it via Axa and it's another kind of ID, I suppose.

Just spoke to Circle K woman who says my card is a personal one and I can buy juice for other cars too. She does so herself, she says.

The insurance policy no. is cause I got it via Axa and it's another kind of ID, I suppose.
They will ask you if you wish to record the reg number and mileage when you present your card at the till.

Back