Circle K fuel discount Dec 14th until 4pm

I heard the queues were very bad in Maynooth and Dundalk.

It wasn't too bad in Clontarf about 130, I was waiting about 5 mins.

The diesel price in Ballon in Co Carlow is 160.9 per liter for the last week or so. It's always a great price there.....
Circle K beside me at J5 on the M9 has that 20 p off at times and causes chaos with queues from both directions plus traffic trying to pass by plus traffic trying to exit the Motorway . And not organized chaos either..

Anyone passing through or close to Kavanagh's, Urlingford, Co Kilkenny, 160.9 for petrol, diesel a couple of cents dearer. Consistently the cheapest on that stretch of road, despite roadside ads to the contrary.

I don't drive much so I am not sensitive to the cost of fuel.

But is there a fuel price watch website or service?

To highlight cheap fuel and expensive fuel.

Brendan

Pumps.ie used to be the go to site for that, it is still around, but iirc correctly they made it more difficult to log prices (probably to prevent spoofers) and it doesn't have nearly as many updates \ coverage as it used to.

I do about 5,000km a year so less than a full tank a month.

I confess I don’t have the time or energy to keep my eyes peeled for the sake of saving maybe €20 a year. There’s a station I pass by that seems generally cheaper that I fill up in.

If your mileage is very high it’s a different story of course. But I know people with my low mileage who’ll actually drive to a cheaper station which makes little sense to me.

If you have a parkingtag account, you get a reusable voucher for a 4 cent per litre discount at Circle K stations

There's about a dozen stations which I pass on my usual rounds. I wouldn't be going further afield than that.

I keep an eye on the prices \ offers across Circle K, Applegreen, Top, Campus.
And even different Circle K stations in Dublin with different prices - the one at Ballybough\Fairview consistently the cheapest and the ones on Malahide Road consistently more expensive.
The Campus station in East Wall en route to Dublin Port consistently cheaper than others, and noticeably busy for it.

I don't drive much so I am not sensitive to the cost of fuel.

To highlight cheap fuel and expensive fuel.

Brendan

There are both national and regional Facebook groups sharing this information. There is also this pretty new website.

The issue is some stations get updated less regularly than others. The problem with the FB groups is the constant bitching about Eamon Ryan , Circle K or anything else that is apparently stopping us from getting free fuel. Most of these contributions are very wide of the mark usually.

I'm unaware of a single website or app with up to date fuel prices. It's surprising it hasn't happened given our obsession with the price. Some websites over the years never got momentum or frequent enough updates

There is a website and an app - pumphunt - where the public can update fuel prices. I haven't used the app, so I don't know how up to date it is.

Boards discussion on the app here (I note no posts for a few months)

Edit - a quick look at the website suggests it's not up to date for my area.

Back