cigarettes up by 50 cents

Ditto. Today, €23.15 for 25 Major Extra Size, €23.78 after budget, or €0.96 per cigarette. My old habit would be costing me close to €48 / day

Old joke, how many people in Ireland smoke Major? About twice as many as buy them, boom boom.
 
Cigs cost €3.60 for 20 here.

I always get asked by customs if I am transporting cigs at Dublin Airport. They are genuinely shocked when I say no.
 
Yeah, if only all these people with addictions would just stop and all these people with depression would just cheer up... :rolleyes:
 
people with depression would just cheer up... :rolleyes:
Well no, I would never dream of saying that to anybody because clearly that's not going to work.

But what I am saying as somebody who has kicked a nicotine addiction and a cocaine addiction, is that you simply do just need to stop as in trying to keep something for a certain, the weekend, a certain place, the club.... it doesn't work.

A lot of people say oh I only do it when, no it needs to be never.

That's the point I'm making as a person who's gone through the process. I think you're just trying to take my words and put them in a different narrative which I don't agree with.

Anyway going completely off Topic the price of cigarettes are scandalous.
 
Anyway going completely off Topic the price of cigarettes are scandalous.

€1 per cigarette is in no way a scandal. Tobacco is a non-essential item that causes huge harm to public health and costs taxpayers over €200 million per year in direct medical costs plus over €1 billion annually in indirect/economic costs.
 
Back
Top