Cian O'Connor to lose his gold medal?

• Thread starter cullenswood
  • Start date
Re: Re-Cian O'Connor

The question is why was the horse on a sedative???????????.

Supposedly some horses are trained with pain. They tie something or other to their legs which causes them pain if they hit a fence when jumping it. The sedative is used afterwards to calm the horses pain...or something along those lines. AFAIK, this form of training is illegal, but maybe someone else knows better and can give a clearer answer.

Re-Cian O'Connor

Could Charlie Bird not find something more constructive to report about for his corn (licence fee).

I'd rather see him move to the Sun newspaper

Sedative

If he performed like that on a sedative.........thank $%*£! they didn't give him a stimulant!

I've heard that the reason a horse may be given a sedative during training is so that if it hits its legs for example, less damage is done (something about less damage being caused if the muscle is not as tense). No idea if it's true.

During a competition they may be given sedatives (against the rules tho') in order to calm a horse which is going into a big arena with a big crowd, lots of lights, cameras etc.

Presumably, there's a good reason that this particular drug is prohibited. But if you think otherwise, the time for arguing against the prohibition is before you're caught, not aferwards.

COC was subject to the same rules as everyone else, so if they can ensure that their horses are drug free for the competition, it's hard to see how he can't do likewise.

And also, it's not the first time a horse of his has been found positive in competition, so claims of innocence of this occasion would tend to carry less weight.

Re-Cian O'Connor

Hi Piggy
Yes I thought so much and I believe they will go as far as using barbed wire, stones or even acid and electric shocks. Maybe now, the Minister for sports will appoint inspectors to visit these yards on regular spot checks. Anyone caught at this should not be allowed to have a licence.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Anyone caught at this should not be allowed to have a licence.

Yes. I agree.

Joke

MCullen..... Only a Joke...get a sense of humour !

above

Lets hope he does lose his medal. What did he do to deserve it? Get his horse to jump about a bit, on drugs ?
Its pathetic. And he gets his billionaire uncle to sponsor the horses name ! You could`nt make it up.

Back