Cian O'Connor to lose his gold medal?

• Thread starter cullenswood
  • Start date
C

cullenswood

Breaking News.... Apparently there is a problem with Cian O'Connors horse "Waterford Crystal" and there is a big chance that his gold medal will be taken off him

Anyone else hear this?

I think the horse should be forced to make a public apology.

I thought that horse was smiling too much for all those photo's!

cian o' connor's orse

The horse is apparently greatly saddened by the news and intends to fight it all the way to the courts to clear his mane.

Those closest to him have remarked on how upset he is and strangers continuously ask "why the long face"?

He's reported to say that the evidence supporting his innocence plea will be crystal clear.

Re: cian o' connor's orse

I personally believe that his flared nostrils were a dead giveaway.

Are all the shareholders of Waterford Crystal happy with Uncle Tony's vanity sponsorship of nephew Cian's oul pony?

tis a scandal all right. The rider should give back his medal asap.

re

there could be a very innocent explaination-- the horse was treated by a vet a month before the event

Joke

What has Cian O'Connor and Erik de Bruin got in common?

.... They both rode an olympic cheat !!

joke?

Poker Novice,

Nice of you to support your fellow Irishman, especially now that it is becoming clear that he is the victim of a ridiculously low detection limit for a normally prescribed sedative,

Always willing to have a cheap shot, aren't we????

M

I just heard that the horse is on grass as well!

There's only 1 Ciano!

Certainly sounded guilty as hell on the radio this morning!

MAC

Re: There's only 1 Ciano!

Gotta agree with MAC here, Cian and his vet were really poorly prepared this morning. Admittedly your wan as as prepared as always. I'd say it was a low scoring draw.

Re: There's only 1 Ciano!

Yes I agree,

No self respecting PR consultant would reccomend going head to head with a poorly prepared presenter on Morning Ireland especially on Monday morning. This is inviting trouble.

Cian sounded defensive and combative and the vet came across as shifty.

Cian should bite his toungue, wait until due process has run its course and then engage a sympathetic journo to write the book (ala Keane and Dunphy) (or even Dunlop).

ajapale

Support

"Nice of you to support your fellow Irishman"

..............actually German!

Re-Cian O'Connor

We now know that the horse wasn't on a performing enhancing drug, but a sedative. We don't need to be a medical person to know that a drug will stay in your system for 4 or 5 weeks.I don't think that Cian can pull the wool over our eyes we are not stupid. Now that Charlie bird is the reporter for RTE following the case I know that he will fly the length and breath of Ireland to solve the case. The question is why was the horse on a sedative???????????.
Mary

Back