Christmas Pint - all welcome

I'm going to see Napoleon in Dun Laoghaire in the afternoon despite the bad reviews, so by the time I get something to eat and catch the Dart in it will be closer to seven by the time I arrive
Ridley Scott at his finest. Probably not totally accurate but a real epic. Hugely enjoyable. If you are interested in Napoleon a recent read was ‘Napoleons Doctor’ by Dr. Hubert O’Connor.

Have to say I really enjoyed Napoleon but could see why some people would be disappointed of Scott's portrayal of the man
I think it comes down to what you're expecting Scott to give you in a viewing experience and if you're expecting a film about the man and his three loves "France, Army, Josephine" you will be a little disappointed but if you go in knowing that it's really about the man and his relationship with Josephine first and then secondly his love for France and the military campaign's he's famous for you should enjoy it more.
Rumour has it that Scott is planning an extended version with over an hours worth of extra viewing that should hopefully balance out the film

With regards to the drinks afterwards, I think we all had a good time and again it was nice to put a few more faces to the names I see here

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Last edited:
I'm only now seeing the suggested earlier start time - no wonder ye were all cut by the time I got there at 9pm - lovely to meet those of you that were still there! I will be forever known as the girl in Doheny's looking for Brendan.........

I'm only now seeing the suggested earlier start time - no wonder ye were all cut by the time I got there at 9pm - lovely to meet those of you that were still there! I will be forever known as the girl in Doheny's looking for Brendan.........
@Kitten it was I who suggested the earlier start but I couldn’t make it till after 9pm myself
Some were well on the way by the time I got there

Unconfirmed reports doing the rounds, that a small group from AAM, finished up in the VIP room, in Coppers ;)

Last edited:
Back