Christmas Gift Ideas...

Re: giftgrub

Hey, Kiddo (always wanted to say that on AAM...! :D ) & My2leftfeet,

You used to be able to download all those "giftgrub" sketches free from the (frankly poxy) TodayFM website, but I've just looked and they seem to have pulled it — "strategic marketing", or whatever... DAMN those capitalists!:(

The (commercially available) CD is probably still a good stocking-filler, but it'll date fast... (witness the "Scrap Saturday" double CD from a few years ago — possibly the most shoddily-produced audio CD ever, from a technical production point of view).

Dr. (Ah,-there-was-none-of-that-sh1te-in-my-day...) M.

Re: National Geographic subscription

That's a pretty good deal, I just ordered it for my son (who has a natural affinity with wild animals...:lol )

But I used a voucher which came through the letterbox last week offering the year's subscription for only €25, including a nice free NG Polar fleece jacket (navy with yellow trim, looks a bit preppy to me, but his Mum will approve!) I'm sure if you got in touch with their distribution centre in Swords and kicked up a fuss they'd throw one your way..? (P.O. Box available on the website; they don't seem to be listed in the 'phonebook)

sueellen, I was going to keep this as a surprise until Dec 25th, but since you're obviously on to me I suppose you might as well have it a bit early...

Enjoy! :lol

Special Gift for the Kids...

Have a look at these personalised CD Stories, includes story and puzzles. My kids love these....
[broken link removed]

Re: christmas dvds

Speaking of Christmas gifts - anyone know if it's possible to buy a voucher for an English shop and have it delivered to an Irish address?

I want to buy the voucher for someone who's moving to London in January and won't be able to take much with them.

Have emailed a few of the shops (Selfridges, Harrods, topshop etc) but only topshop have replied saying they won't deliver to Ireland.

Cahir,

I'm sure if you ask in M&S they should be able to do something for you - they are big into customer service.

All,

I think [broken link removed] seem a good idea for pressies.

guys, if you don't know what the other half wants, then you are in BIG trouble.

PGD
Ahh you can't beat the last minute rush of legging it down Grafton Street (for the Dubs) on Christmas Eve with the sweat pouring off you, trying to buy the other half something that
(A) She won't throw at you but
(B) She can wear or
(C) She can spend or
(D) She can use for/on herself.

Does an IRONING BOARD, HOOVER or DEEP FAT FRYER qualify?
Wonder what the total number of gift tokens sold on that day is? You also can't expect blokes to know everything, can you?

Re: giftgrub

Just checked out www.cd-wow.fm

Live Aid DVD is NOK 349.99

Using the current AIB rate of 8.1549 = EUR 42.92

A little more expensive then €29.99 on [broken link removed]

Hi lemurz

I'm seeing €47.99 on [broken link removed]

Marion :hat

Hi all-just bought a brill pressie for hubbie.

I got him a hovercraft grand prix and rage buggy rally experience voucher from odd in cavan.

Voucher came in a foil envelope so I wont have to wrap it (hate wrapping!!) and the voucher itself is also a DVD cover and has a DVD which has all their stuff on it-so much better than a brochure!

Also was about to buy a dvd on cd-wow.ie and thanks for pointing that out as the same dvd is almost €14 cheaper on .com site.

Seems a bit silly to have such different prices anymore-people do check these days! Well I didnt-but some of you lot did!!

Hi all-just bought a brill pressie for hubbie.

I got him a hovercraft grand prix and rage buggy rally experience voucher from odd in cavan.

Voucher came in a foil envelope so I wont have to wrap it (hate wrapping!!) and the voucher itself is also a DVD cover and has a DVD which has all their stuff on it-so much better than a brochure!

Also was about to buy a dvd on cd-wow.ie and thanks for pointing that out as the same dvd is almost €14 cheaper on .com site.

Seems a bit silly to have such different prices anymore-people do check these days! Well I didnt-but some of you lot did!!

Any affiliation?

Isn't play.com cheaper?

Oh yea and what about those Reeling in the Years DVDs now available on RTE - I must say I think they're brill too...

Back