Christmas day in Ireland

DeKi

Hi All,
Was thinking about having dinner out this year (there are only 2 of us).
We live in Dublin but would stay somewhere on xmas eve etc. so willing to go anywhere in the country....
All suggestions welcome :)

lidl breaks do some great hotels..we are going to book one of their deals for new years eve.. 49e each b&b, and 2 course meals.. cant go wrong with that. im sure other hotels are also doing some good deals as they need the business

maybe they'll wait and see what way the xmas party's etc will go.. where are thinking of going.. any counties in mind?

I know that in previous years the radisson in stillorgan (went there for a couple of Christmas' - very nice and reasonably priced), dunboyne castle and I think maybe the shelbourne did Christmas dinner, also maybe renvyle house in Connemara, Brooklodge in Wicklow, Neremore in Monaghan

Last edited:
Salthill Hotel, Galway have done this in the past but not too sure about now. The hotel has been completely renovated under new ownership. I pass by every day and it is always busy.

Or the Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone, they do a great Christmas day as Santa even comes to the kids

Anywhere foresty or lakey - preferably both. Should be nice for the atmosphere.

Somewhere in Wicklow maybe?

you will usually see more and more offers once the October bank holiday is out of the way.

That is correct.

Some hotels have a "No children at Christmas" policy, so look out for it, if that is your thing. Yeah, I know, Christmas is not the same without children, blah, blah, blah...

Back