christmas bonus

liz bergin

I have been on illness benefit for seven years I can't get disability and I am so disappointed I don't get the Christmas bonus as I am struggling financially

Illness benefit is limited to 2 years I thought?
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...isability_and_illness/disability_benefit.html

Illness Benefit is paid for a maximum of:
  • 2 years (624 payment days) if you have at least 260 weeks reckonable social insurance contributions* paid since you first started work
    or
  • 1 year (312 payment days) if you have between 104 and 259 weeks reckonable social insurance contributions* paid since you first started work

I have been on illness benefit for seven years I can't get disability and I am so disappointed I don't get the Christmas bonus as I am struggling financially

I don't know if it still exists but the social welfare officer used to have cash to give out for various hard cases, off the top of my head, prams, furniture, xmas, try that. In my experience, yes I was there once, aim higher and you'll likely get what you need.

There is an Exceptional Needs Payment which is at the discretion of the local DSP Office. Maybe try that.

Back