Choosing between two dishwashers - any advice?

Protocol

I plan to buy an integrated dishwasher. The shop I want to buy from has a range of maybe 12.

Most are 300-400. Three are at 500 euro - these are the ones I am interested in. Two are AEG / Miele at 850/950.

I wonder has anybody any comments/advice on the following:

(1) Electrolux Fully Integrated Dishwasher KESC7311L

2yr warranty, two racks

(2) De Dietrich Integrated Dishwasher DV14442JU

3yr warranty, three racks - the top rack is a cutlery tray

I don't know much about De Dietrich, I know they make ovens, and sponsored a cookery show on RTE?

The staff in shop said, yes they don't make a big range, but what they do make is good.

Would the 3rd rack and the extra year warranty be enough to convince you to buy the lesser known brand?

Thanks.

Are you going to be loading it? I’ve seen those cutlery shelves and thought no way, I take out our tray and bring straight to drawer, also take it out on counter to fill without bending. We have an expensive Bosch’s. Use the quick 30 min or so wash mostly. And then the intensive one occasionally. There are 5 options. Also time delay. Handy. Very very rarely. And half wash used about twice. I’m a salt, rinse and powder type of gal.

Miele fan here.

Not entirely convinced about clamping a cabinet door onto appliances.

One or other eventually has to be replaced; but each to their own.

Neff fan here. Integrated washing machine dishwasher and larder fridge (tall with no freezer section) 12/13 years ************************* use. Doors to match kitchen units need replacing!! Who'da thought? Stand alone units in an otherwise fitted kitchen look cheap, unplanned and unfinished.

Thanks.

There is a Bosch, 400 euro.

Serie | 2, Fully-integrated dishwasher, 60 cm, SMV40C30GB​

Miele fan here.

Not entirely convinced about clamping a cabinet door onto appliances.

One or other eventually has to be replaced; but each to their own.
In nearly 20 years it’s not been an issue. Probably need a new kitchen though.

I think integrated looks a lot better.

OP, when you say a third rack, do you mean for cutlery?

Our dishwasher has that. There’s also a digital clock that shines onto the floor and tells you how long is left on the cycle.

We find the Bosch dishwasher and washing machine great. The ovens and hob are Neff, and the fridges/freezer Liebherr.

Like that about the cycle clock, very clever. I forgot to say I paid extra for a silent version. Can barely hear it to the extent occasionally I’ll put my ear to the door! But it’s a godsend fir peace in the kitchen.

Also I deliberately purchased a machine that has as few types of cycle options as possible. Nobody needs 20 options on how to wash dishes.

Last edited:
Yeah, the silent ones are great.
Check and compare the “DB” ratings, generally speaking, the lower the DB, the more expensive they are, as made of better materials to reduce noise.
Once you have a quiet one, you’l never go back

BoschElectroluxDe Dietrich
Model

Serie | 2, Fully-integrated, 60 cm, SMV40C30GB​

KESC7311LDV14442JU
Price400500500
RacksTwoTwoThird cutlery tray
EnergyA+++ (pre 2021 style)
D, 2021 style
A++ old style
Sound level50 dB46 dB44 dB
Warranty2 yrs2 yrs3yrs
  • Vario basket system
  • Lower rack handle: no handle
  • Height adjustable top basket when empty
  • 2 foldable plate racks in bottom basket
  • Cutlery basket in lower rack

SatelliteClean®​

Your dishes will come out spotless with SatelliteClean®, performing up to three-times better than the standard. Thanks to the double-rotating arm that continuously changes the angle of the spray, even bulky items are deeply cleaned.

• EcoSilence BLDC drive
  • Curved spray arms - Optimum water distribution
  • Residual heat drying system
  • ActiveWater hydraulic water system
  • DosageAssist detergent dispenser
  • Automatic detergent detection
  • Load Sensor
  • AquaMix - Glass protection system
  • Large item spray head, steam protection plate
  • AquaStop: Bosch warranty in case of water damage - for the lifetime of the appliance. Please find warranty terms under https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/care-protection-and-parts/additional-warranties

Specification​

• FlexiSpray arm, with it's clever double rotating action for excellent cleaning results
  • Height adjustable upper basket: Provides more flexibility as bigger items can be loaded in the lower basket by raising the upper basket on one side, even if the basket is loaded.
  • Floor beam to update you on wash status: A spotlight shines on the floor to show the programme is running or how long is left.
  • 8 programmes, 4 temperatures
  • 46 dB(A) noise level - quiet in operation
  • Up to 24 hour time delay
  • 10.5 litres - more economical than washing by hand
  • 14 Place Settings
  • A++ Energy Rating
  • 6 Programmes
  • 4 Washing Temperatures
  • 10 Litre Water Consumption
  • Spotlight Cycle-End Indicator
  • 3rd Rack for Cutlery
  • 12 Hour Start Delay
  • ICS+: Wash Optimisation
  • 44 db(a) Maximum Noise Level
  • Quick Wash
  • Rinse Aid & Salt Light Indicator
  • Overflow & Leakage Protection
  • 3 Year Warranty

Prioritise simple and quiet.

A lot of these 'features' would drive me crazy.

Stand alone units in an otherwise fitted kitchen look cheap, unplanned and unfinished
I suppose if you entertain visitors in the kitchen that might matter to you.

I still can't decide.
It probably doesn't matter which you pick. I tend to buy Electrolux large appliances (I can't afford Miele). My integrated Electrolux XXL dishwasher is grand, and has the top cutlery tray (which I've made friends with). Bosch are probably grand but I'd be more inclined to buy a Bosch drill than a dishwasher. Not sure how easy it would be to get parts for a De Dietrich anything.

we have a Bosch dishwasher - it's sh!te, dishes regularly come out of it with dried on crud attached to them. Tried all different dishwasher tablet brands and running dishwasher cleaner through it, doesn't make any difference, it's just not a very good machine. It is 8 years old now, but it was never any good.

Take a look at both Good Housekeeping and Which as they tend to have long term use reports from actual owners. I think you can usually get a free or £1 trial of Which. We're going to be in same boat soon as Dishwasher we inherited when buying the house is on its last legs but we're doing a job on the house this summer and just hoping for it to last until then.
[EDIT] Just checked some older (2019) recommendations from the above - Miele and Bosch come out top in both - no De Deitrich reviewed at all in Which surprisingly. Annoyingly the product codes tend to be different to models available here so sometimes it's harder to compare like with like. I'll see if I can upload a photo from the Which magazine.

Attachments

• Which Dishwashers.jpg
    Which Dishwashers.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 227
I ordered the Electrolux this morning.

Thank you all.

Added later: dereko1969, thank you very much, I see both Miele and Bosch do very well.

Last edited:
Back