Chocolate Factory, Kilmainham

Leaf

My cousin has just put a deposit on 2-bed apartment in Chocolate Factory. She is now a little worried about the possible noise from motorway at the back. Anyone know how sound proofing is in these apartments. Also how is the development going as a whole? It looks nice but there is very little information about size of apartments on the website. Some of them seem a little on the small side. Any information much appreciated. :D

There has been a number of posts regarding this development. There are a few more developments due to come on stream shortly including the new HQS opposite Heuston Station and others around town. (I am not associated with any of them). Did your cousin get a 'deal', as according to the papers the developer of this project is in a spot of bother.

No offence but IMHO there is nothing "possible" about the noise - its bang on top of the N4 and that isnt going to change. If someone is sensitive to noise, its not the best place to be.

As against that, its a great convenient (improving in terms of facilities) location and they are very nice apartments.

BigD -- Try this link - It was in all the Broadsheets on the same day.

[broken link removed]

Doesn't the train from Heuston run alongside the complex? ie Between the complex and the N4??

Look does it really matter where the train is running. Any one living on the motorway side of the development is going to hear the noise and feel the vibration of te trains.

I live in one of the apartments facing the N4/railway. The trains are frequent and the road is always busy.. However, the windows in the apartments are excellent. The noise level is greatly reduced. You are going to hear trains, but it's a case of getting used to it. If something like this bothers you, you should probably look elsewhere. I rent here and we had no problem renting the place because of this. It's a fantastic complex though and I love living here so far. It's very secure and view across to the Pheonix is great.

Back