Chimney Brush stuck in chimney

Nedtastic

Hi All. Need advice. A while back I was sweeping my chimney. While trying to sweep around a bend in the chimney, one of the rods broke leaving the brush stuck halfway up the chimney. Can't reach it from either end and have tried hooking it from above.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the chimney brush out without having to take down the chimney?

Not sure how true (or safe) it is, but a mate of mine told me, his father had a chimney cleaning round, and used to burn a stuck brush out if all others attempts to shift it failed.

Get a small lightweight folding grapnel anchor from a marine store. (They're generally used as "lunch hooks" i.e. short anchoring periods e.g. for lunch). It should slip down past the brush head and the flukes will fall open as you pull it back up. The fluke tips are slightly rounded so it won't jam in the chimney. Worth a try....

buy more sticks and brush and push the offending piece out. Ive had to do this a few times. Last year same thing happened with septic tank. As my mother always says "you can never have too many brushes and sticks for your chimney and septic tank"

Back