Children's Saving Account

c7144

My husband and I would like to save some money monthly for our new baby for his future use. Is there any Children's saving account with good interest rate? What is the best way to invest/save for our baby?

You'll have to put it under your own name until they are seven, so i've been told by the new postbank scheme.

the easiest thing to do is to get your child benefit paid straight into the Postbank account, the childcare allowance also goes in. I don't know what interest rate it is but if you could leave it alone there would be a significant lup sumt here when they are 18/21 or whatever.

I remember as a naive kid asking my mother if i could have my children's allowance......

I opened 2 Rabodirect accounts for my son & daughter some months back. No problems; newborn & 3 years old respectively.

As advised though; stick children into the Search feature; you'll find more recommendations that way too.

I opened 2 Rabodirect accounts for my son & daughter some months back. No problems; newborn & 3 years old respectively.

As advised though; stick children into the Search feature; you'll find more recommendations that way too.

How can you provide all the required anti money laundering documentation i.e. utility bills, etc. for a newborn and 3 year old?:confused:

You don't. See Rabo's website for details on opening an account in the child's name but controlled by a parent/guardian.

Back