Children taken into care

It is not a case of either/or.

I never said that it was.

I just don't see the relevance of the example you gave.

Read my second post in this topic again so. Judging by some of the later contributions others can see the relevance to the issue in hand.

We might as well complain about the politicians spending money travelling round the world for Paddy's Day instead of chasing families around inner-city Dublin.

Sorry - I simply don't get this.

The authorities are taking action in some areas, from unison.ie
The National Education Welfare Board is reportedly set to take legal moves against more than 20 parents due to poor school attendance by their children.

Reports this morning said the board would be sending 'school attendance notices' to the parents in the coming weeks.

The notices are the first step in a process that could see the parents being fined up to €600 or jailed for three months by the courts.

The move by the NEWB would represent the first time that parents have been targeted in this way in relation to their children's record of school attendance.

Taken into care

For once I happen to agree fully with Clubman.
I happen to be around Stephen's green, Dawson St, etc quite a bit and regularly see women sitting wrapped in a blanket with what look like toddler's of about 2.

The kids just sits there completely still in their arms. I have very little experience of Toddlers but I don't know any 2 year olds that can sit still for more than 15 seconds at a time, yet these kids sit completely still for hours practically on the doorstep of our Parlament.
The only explaination is that the kid has never known anything else.

We all feel very sorry for these kids now, but there won't be any sympathy for them in a few years time when they are snatching handbags, stealing cars, breaking into houses, or worse actually attacking people.

There was an excellent Documentary I think it might have been Prime Time about a year ago about how much we spend on Criminals compared with how little we spend intervening in the early years when we might actually do some good.

Where's the action happening????? Fining the parents of Kids who miss school. Give me a break. Labour get up on their high horse about Minister Martin taking his kids to Australia for Paddy's day.

Can we for goodness sake get a bit of perspective here? Talk about fiddling while Rome Burns.

Honestly if I was a TD I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.

-Rd

Back