Child Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflower11

Hi - just wondering if any of you have any experience with the issue I have at the mo. My partner has a little girl (9) whom we have 3 nights a week every week and talk to on teh phone every day.

My partner pays €400 directly to her Mother monthly and also pays about €100 off a loan the childs mother took out when they were together (5 years ago) - thats almost cleared now. Anyway,my query is this-he was told he can have his little girl for 5 weeks this Summer. (A COMPLETE shock as usually he has to beg to have her for any amount of time)

Can anyone tell me if he is still obliged to pay full maintenance during this period? Besides the maintenance he pays,we take care of dentist fees, equipment for whatever the latest hobbie is etc so I am a little bit bothered by having to fork out the full whack during this 5 weeks.

Also - relations with her mother would be what you could call unstable -all is great if we do what she wants,and all is up in a heap if shes ever challenged. Not the easiest person to communicate with,and main priority is to annoy my partner and then wonder if her child is ok. Just to set the scene. Is it worth the hassle it will no doubt bring about if he reduces the maintenance for this period? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back