child entitlements

charlie01

hi.
i am the proud father of a two week old baby girl but am wonder what our entiltements are. i am receiving 196euro, partner 130euro and 175euro for mortgage relief. i know we get 150euro per month on child allowance per month but is there a weekly allowance also if we are unemployed or other entiltements.
many thanks.

Yes, there is a Qualified Child Allowance which is 29.80 per week. If you and your partner are claiming Social Welfare, the allowance may be split between you. Contact your local office where you sign on and they'll tell you what they need to sort your claims.

Your mortgage supplement would not change as your income will remain the same compared to the SWA rate for your family size.

If you haven't already applied for a medical card, you should do so at your local HSE office.

You can apply for an Exceptional Needs Payment if you are having difficulty getting larger items for the baby (e.g. cot or buggy). It's not an automatic entitlement, each case will be considered individually. Contact your local CWO for details.

And congrats on the new baby!

many thanks.
is payment dated from the day the child was born or from the application date

Back