Child entertainer for Birthday Party

Askar

Can anyone recommend a good entertainer for a 4 year old boys party in the North Wicklow area?

I dont have kids but when i read this i was a bit shocked, is this the norm for kiddies b-day parties... What i mean is will the kid actually remember their 4th bday party and the entainer at it? or is it more for the adults....

i do expect to be shot down for this.............................

Seems to be the way it's going alright. Although 4 is a bit young, I know that recently someone told me that it's very hard if you have children in National School because if your child has a party you have to invite all the other children ( otherwise apparently yours won't be invited to theirs) and because someone starts by having some class of a fancy affair everyone else feels they have to return the favour. Madness.

keeping up with the jones.... Its quite sad really if kids behave like that, I come from the county so when i was young all my yr came to my party (all 3 of them)!!!!
When i do have kids they will play pin the tail on the donkey and be happy with it that and some rice krispy buns to eat.

My sister was just telling me about the most recent birthday party that she was at where several of the kids were freaked out by some sort of Barney type character and she spent most of the time comforting them as a result. One of her own kids was freaked out the time the family visited the Lambert Puppet Theatre. 4 would seem a bit young for an entertainer. Why not just let them play together and have some loosely organised party games?

I can recommend [broken link removed] They provide entertainers for children's parties. I got a magician from them and was very happy with him.

L

get a bouncy castle . i got one for my childs third birthday and it kept them busy for hours great fun for mams and dads too

I recently went to a birthday party in the Playbarn in Naas (www.playbarn.com). I know there are similar establishments around the country such as jumping jacks etc. The birthday girls mother said this was the perfect way to have a party. The kids have two hours of non stop playing, plus they get all their food (apart from the cake) provided. After the party, all the kids were so knackered, they conked out in the car on the way home. At €13 per child though, its a bit pricey IMO.

Last edited:
I second "Rondo the Magician". I organise work BBQ's for Staff and their kids, have used him 2 years in a row, just brilliant. Got everyone involved and its not all magic. Well worth it!

if youre going to one of the centres, Ive been to most in dublin at this stage with 2 under 4s in the house. Playbarn best on the southside, leisureplex in coolock the best on the northside. (imho)

How much is Rondo?

Hi Ged,
Looking to take the kids out to that. Was it busy when you were out there?

My children must have been terribly deprived, I never once hired a bouncy castle or entertainer.....

bring back pass-the-parcel and musical chairs I say!

Rondo worked out at €450 for the evening. Arrived at 6.30 to start at 7pm finished at 10 and was packed up by 10.30. Again I say well worth it

Back