child benefit savings

Dublin85

hi all,

I am looking to put thr child be efit for my two babies into some sort of investment account that will grow until they go to college. what would be the bet thing to do. I dont want to leave it sit in a bank.

thanks

I'm going to give zurich/ irish life a call and see what they say. I imagine that there will be some fees but it beats eroding in a bank account for years

Steven do you have any idea of the possible return on an account you mentioned ?
Depends on what fund you are invested in and how long you are invested in. Their flagship funds are around since November 1989. Annualised returns below

1660833374598.png

That’s very good.
It's almost 33 years of data. Those Zurich Life funds are one of the only suite of funds with data going back that far. Most life companies have different series of the same fund, meaning you can't get performance data going back that far. It is a great illustration of long term investing. Pick a suitable fund and let it go.

These figures are annualised over 33 years. If investing for a child's future college fund (and the children are now babies) then the investment will be over 17-23 years (approx), correct?

In my case I would be investing over 10-15 years but I cannot seem to find the facility on Zurich's website where you calculated the above figures.

Saw that but it's different to Stephen's screenshot above.

He's probably not using the Zurich website function and is using a data provider for financial planners that can provide return data on all funds in the market.

If the custom date range 01 Dec 1989 to 18 Aug 2022 is entered, it will return the same returns that Steven provided if you look in the 'Date Range' column for those 3 funds. The graph function only goes out 10 years and doesn't graph the custom dates as far as I can tell.

Back