Cheque requisition?

Muddle2018

Have posted many times on here before but the basics are that the bank have agreed to remove my ex husbands name from the mortgage. The thing is apparently it needs to be treated as a whole new mortgage so I have jumped through a thousand hoops and signed a thousand forms and now the final things they have outstanding on their list are some form from my solicitor which she has sent this morning and the cheque requisition.

Can someone tell me what that means? I mean I presumed it was some kind of internal transfer they do with a transfer of equity situation but they have not been clear at all and the person I have just spoken to told me to ring back next week when the solicitors stuff has been received and we can talk further then. All absolutely gone over my head!!!

The cheque requisition is basically the solicitor requesting the cheque to drawn down the new mortgage, send the money to solicitor is what it's saying in plain english. These days it's more often a band transfer rather than a cheque but in your case there probably won't even be that as they will deduct the amount owing on the old loan from the new loan they draw down.

It's just a big long form, 3 pages last time I saw one, that the solicitor has to fill in and sign to get the money released.

Oh I see thanks so much! It is a straight up payment so - I mean for arguments sake say I owe them 100k on old mortgage the new one is 100k, not a cent more or less as i overpaid it for 4 months earlier this year in order to not have any mortgage to pay till the new one was drawn down if you get me. Made sense at the time anyway! Fingers crossed this is all done and dusted in the next week anyway!!! I am so excited to just see my own name on things!

Back