Cheque for sale of property

M

MaryGrace

Hi,
I am in the process of selling my first property and we are nearing the closing date. I am new to this and I was hoping I could get some advice on how long I have to wait for the cheque to clear (I have made a profit) and the mortage to be settled by my solicitor?

Thanks,
MaryGrace.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That is one of the issues, I am trying to get a definite date out of my solicitor and I feel I am being left in limbo. The dates keep changing, they were signing today and I am unable to get in touch with my solicitor. Typical. Is there a limit to the time they can leave you waiting?

Once everything is signed you should recieve payment within 2-3 weeks all going well. That is judging by my own past experience. Does anyonw know if there is a legal timeframe for this payment to go through?

Well i got me money the day i closed and lodged it straight into my account,don't see why your solicitor should be holding on to it for 2-3 weeks.
Sure 100,000 in NR would get you E75 a week before DIRT,wouldn't be giving that to me solicitor,no way !.

Back