Checking Pension Tax Relief Limit

fastfullback

Is there a way to check on revenue.ie how close you are to your yearly tax relief limit e.g. the 20% for 30-39.

Ive worked out my limit based on my pay and I'm tracking what I've put in for 2020, so I think I have maxed out my 2020 contributions but would like to confirm with revenue that our figures match.

Is there a way?

Your pension company will also have contributions on their statement.
As you can back date a lump sum, if you are adding extra yourself you would calculate and do the return yourself in MyAccount. I'm not sure about the MyAccount section, but when doing the return in the ROS Offline app, you can enter your contributions and it will calculate what the threshold is for you.

Your pension company will also have contributions on their statement.
As you can back date a lump sum, if you are adding extra yourself you would calculate and do the return yourself in MyAccount. I'm not sure about the MyAccount section, but when doing the return in the ROS Offline app, you can enter your contributions and it will calculate what the threshold is for you.
Ya in MyAccount I did my return and added my one time AVC as an additional tax credit and it was for;

" Amount paid between 1/1/2021 and 31/10/2021 for which relief has not already been granted and for which relief is being claimed for 2020"

But I had to enter the amount myself and there was no threshold calculated that I could see.

" Amount paid between 1/1/2021 and 31/10/2021 for which relief has not already been granted and for which relief is being claimed for 2020"

But I had to enter the amount myself and there was no threshold calculated that I could see.
If you put in a larger amount than you can get relief on, it'll give an error message.

If you've got all your income details and pension contributions to date it should be a set to calculate.

If you're stuck, your pension provider will possibly help you calculate the max AVC you can contribute.

Employment Detail Summary - > View job/pension details -> Payroll submissions -> "Employee contribution to RBS/PRSA/AVC scheme"
Ok I see that now in the individual monthly pay entries. I was hoping to see a 2020 accumulated total.
In my March 2021 payslip I diverted some of my yearly bonus into AVC for pension 2020 but the entry on revenue.ie doesn't explicitly specify that the AVC was for 2020.

Back