check online quote against renewal notices!

bb12

I got my renewal notice for my motor insurance last week for a total of €540. I decided to check it against a quote from the insurance company's online website and when I did the quote was just €350! When I rang the insurance company to enquire about the big difference in the renewal rate, they put me on hold for ages and then came back with some unconvincing excuse and said that the insurance would indeed be only €350 and they would make a note of it on my file but wouldn't send me out a new renewal notice. It all sounded a bit dodgy to me but I wasn't going to complain considering I had saved myself almost €200 from one phonecall. Just a heads up to the rest of you. You could save yourselves a lot of money.

you can find huge differences in insurance at the moment. many of the irish insurers will charge different prices to customers who call in, phone, go online, use agents, use brokers or use other distributors. hibernian can give different quotes to all the above for the same risk, then you also find differences if you use an post or one of the other distributors they use.

I'm uk based but every year when i go to renew my car & house insurance I check online as well as the renewal forms, mostly its cheaper to take out a new policy and that's what i do.
I think they rely on peoples laziness to make money

Just got my car insurance renewed through Tesco (Hibernian) for €275. It would appear if you fall in to a certain category of risk there are some great deals about.

Back