Cheapest way to write a will?

M

murphaph

Just watching working lunch and they had a spot on will writing. Got me thinking, so what's the cheapest way for me to write a will that will stand up?

Do yourself a favour and spend a modest amount on legal advice before you do it. Otherwise you run the risk of making an unanticipated mistake and leaving a mess for your grieving relatives to sort out in the event of your demise. I think most solicitors charge only small sums for drawing up wills.

I would agree with Tommy. You might be interested in checking the [broken link removed] and [broken link removed] and websites to apprise yourself of some of the issues before doing anything and enable yourself to ask educated questions when the time comes.

Free wills service

The following Citizens Information Centre offers a Free Will Service every 2nd Thursday (By appointment)

Northside CIC
2nd Floor
Northside Civic Centre
Bunratty Road
Coolock
Dublin 17
Tel: 01 8674301

If your not living in Dublin perhaps you can ask the Development Manager of the citizens information centre closest to you (number in Golden Pages)to implement a similar service in your own area.

Re: Free wills service

wow, thanks emaceile, this board and the broad knowledgebase is always amazing to me. I'm on the Northside so Coolock is grand!

Back