cheapest way to get sterling

paperclip

hi, i'll be in london at the weekend and need to change around €1000

normaly i use my pre loaded with cash visa to get money out, rate of 1.1%

but i forgot to load it with cash, which takes up to 5 days.

pass card is a joke.

how can i change my euros into sterling without being fleesed? or is there no way round this?

What do you mean by 'fleesed'/fleeced ?

You want to buy a commodity without having to pay the seller's profit margin ? How does that work out for you for other transactions ?

Or are you looking for the seller with the lowest margin ? On €1000, the cheapest will only be cheaper by a couple of Euro, so is your time worth less than a couple of Euro to hunt down the lowest margin ?

Fleeced is a term derived from sheep shearing, and basically is another term that means 'paying over the odds'.

At short notice I find that the UK Post Office is a good place for foreign currency. They don't charge commission, so the charge for the conversion is contained within the exchange rate.

[broken link removed]

Use your existing card for all purchases and pay it off immediately without any fee/penalty. This would reduce the amount of sterling cash required and thus fees/commission.

Hi,

There is london southall i found out that the callcentres exchange money. They don't charge commision and they change with a higher rate then the bank or post ofice at that moment...You have ask around 2/3 shops....I was surprised last summer....happened with me....Exchange with the bank is worst....they charge alot...

Back