Cheapest way to call Australia

ice

Hi,

I have a landline and broadband however I do not use the landline as my work pays for it so I can have home access one day a week. If I use the landline to make personal calls I will be charged a benefit in kind so don't want to use that.

I know there are Skype phones but I was wondering if there is any other cheap option of calling from my mobile such as an international calling card?

Thanks

A pay as you go account with blueface.ie might be what you're after. We use it to call Canada for next to nothing. Calls to an Australian landline are €0.017 per minute according to http://www.blueface.ie/rates/rates.aspx. You'll need to have an IP-compatible phone or an ATA router to plug your regular phone into as well. These pay for themselves with the call savings though.

Your other option is checking out 13434, I use it to call canada and pay 11c per call (ie just the connection fee), if you search 13434 on thi ssite you'll get loads of info, although they do offer landline reductions there is a mobile phone offer as well.

addob

Ice, you can't go better in my opinion that call 13434.

All calls through them are ever so cheap especially to mobiles, not just landlines both here and abroad and once your landline rental is paid to Eircom, all calls prefixed through 13434 will be charged directly to the internet based account which you set up with them. ( And you can see in real time how much you spent on your last call within minutes!!!) I have both Blueface as well as Call 13434 and definitely can recommend the latter in your predicament.

Back