Cheapest solicitor for conveyance

M

mc21

Wheres the best place to get a solicitor for the cheapest Conveyancy? I do not have a lot to spend !

Re: Cheapest solicitor for conveyancy

north county dublin

I think you'd be better off getting a good solicitor than a cheap one. A cheap one may be good, but it's more important to get a good one. How much do you want to spend and what is your purchase price.

I think you'd be better off getting a good solicitor than a cheap one. A cheap one may be good, but it's more important to get a good one. How much do you want to spend and what is your purchase price.
I'd agree with this, - while obviously you want to get a competitive price, - you need to be careful, - some of them will break your heart, ie. you might find it near impossible to get a hold of them, or they might start pushing up the price if there are any minor complications at all (and there always are).
Obviously, don't pay "boom time" prices, but try and find a solicitor that comes recommended by someone you know if you can.

+1

Used a "cheap" solictor for mortgage move a few years ago. Switching mortgage again now and we are missing documents, declarations, deeds, compliance certs etc. New solicitor is v good but its delaying the whole process while he gets all the bits & pieces first solictor should have taken care of sorted out. Result is that we are still with existing lender & paying higher interest....

I agree with the above posters. While you might make a short term monetray saving with a "cheap" solicitor it's not always worth it. Talk to others in your area for recommendations and then ring a handful of offices to get quotes.

Thank you for all the replies. I contacted 4 local solicitors and haggled and got a good price from one who was recommended by a friend.

Back