Cheapest route to pay a landlord in Channel Islands monthly?

Hooverfish

My friend is paying a monthly lease in euros on her Irish house (which she is contracted to buy, but probate delays) for a few months.
It's not a big sum each month, but her bank are charging her a ridiculous amount (€31.50) to transfer it into the landlord/vendor's Channel Island sterling account.
I saw mention of Transferwise on old threads. Is that a cheaper option or would Revolut or similar be the way to go? Or even Paypal?
I've used Currency Solutions for one-off larger sums in the past and found them great, but I'm not sure what the pluses and minuses are for small regular payments?

Thanks for any advice!

I use Revolut for any EUR to GBP payments, subject to the fee-free monthly limit.

Convert the currency then make the transfer, which usually arrives in the destination account instantly.

Is the charge for cross currency sterling transfer or perhaps because channel islands arent considered an EEA account like a mainland UK one?

Is the charge for cross currency sterling transfer or perhaps because channel islands arent considered an EEA account like a mainland UK one?
Not sure on that - the Channel Island bank is RBSI trading as Nat West International. I think because my friend needed to secure the lease and start a major task of moving into the house, it's not a disaster as a one-off, but I know I wouldn't want to be paying my bank that much for a small regular transfer! Will see if I can persuade her to try Revolut.

Back