Cheapest place to buy 80GB iPod?

If you look at the link that marty004 provided above many of them refer to 6'th generation' or Gen 6.
[broken link removed]... =search&fgtp=

Sorry to be asking so many questions but is there any website where I can get a definitive overview of current Ipods and issues relating.

For example some of the ones on sale on ebay say 'display capability - video' while others say 'multicolour images' - I've sent queries to the sellers but who knows if they'll reply.

If buying off ebay I want to better inform myself what I'm buying!

At least it looks like an average price (including postage to Ireland) off ebay is about E300 - still a saving of E60/E70 from buying here.

Hi babydays,
As yet Apple have not released a 6th Gen iPod (and have not announced a release date for it). I would say that most of the ones on Ebay are the 5.5G version. You could take a look at [broken link removed] to read up about the one you want.

....At least it looks like an average price (including postage to Ireland) off ebay is about E300 - still a saving of E60/E70 from buying here.

iPods break. Same with most Hard Disk DAP, MP3 players. So you really need a warranty for the life of the machine. Especially if you are spending €300+ on it. If I was buying one I'd probably get an extended warranty, and get it covered under house insurance or similar. So consider that before you bid on ebay. Theres a few places that fix iPods, so on a cheaper model it might me more effecient to risk no warranty, or damage cover.

Many, many thanks for the input. Those links are v. useful.

Coming to the conclusion that I'll buy it off the ipop ireland site for E370 and pay the extra E60 warrenty (lasts 2 yrs). Given that it tends to break down I think I'd rather be able to return it somewhere than have the trouble of regretting an ebay short-term saving.

Unfortunately don't know anyone going to the US soon!!!!

Argus do a decent warranty too, but they are usually more expensive than other places. But check out the special offers in stores some times they can surprise you.

Thanks for the input everyone.

In the end went for Argos - it was reduced (slightly) to E347. I got it just before the longweekend as it was a present for the husband and I wanted him to be able to have time to enjoy it over the weekend.

I didn't get the insurance as it was going to be E80 which is a pretty high ratio against the cost price. As it's attached to our stereo and for home use only we're hoping it might last a couple of years without breakage.

Back