Life Cheapest life assurance provider

Just changing myself and my broker did a search - New Ireland and Hibernian were the cheapest by a good bit.
I think we're going to go with New Ireland.

I think we're going to go with New Ireland.

Make sure you read the terms and conditions before you sign up first. I have no doubt that the small print on a NI Policy will be enough to drive your beneficiaries demented. NI do nothing straightforward and the small print will tell a tale or two. The devil is in the detail - literally.

Thanks Mercman, fully intend to read the small print.
Would you warn against New Ireland? There was nothing in it between them and Hibernian so I could still go for Hibernian.

Yep, I do have some very serious issues with New Ireland. However it is not related to Life Assurance but Investments. All these Financial Products are governed by Contracts set out by the Providers. If they are unwilling to keep to their own rules what is the point ? Personally, I have a Life Policy with Hibernian. They are a good Financial Provider which in the normal course of events I would pick Hibernian before New Ireland.

What type of policy are you looking for?

Are you looking a policy with good cover from the cheapest provider or cheap policy??

Irish Life are competitive as are Caledonian Life, Friedns First recently reduced all of their premiums, I would consider Zurich Life if looking at Serious Illness benefit as they provide slightly more cover....really depends on the specifics of what you are looking for and type of plan (e.g. if you are looking at indexation - not all companies increase benefit and premium at same rate so sometimes one insurer seems more expensive at the start but is in actual fact a lot cheaper when premiums are worked out over the full term).

A good broker will be able to offer a choice of life assurance companies and reasons for/against chossing a particular product (reasons why statement)

Thanks,
Sean

[email protected]

I have gotten a few quotes 123.ie seem to be the cheapest (as they give back 50% in Year1) then AIB are the overall cheapest. Thanks.

123.ie are brokers -- nothing more, nothing less. Who is the Assurer ?? AIB are tied up with Hibernian as far as I know. Therefore it should be a good quote.

There is no such thing as 'the cheapest'. As with any other insurance, each company has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to basic life insurance. Some companies like older people, some younger people. Some companies will go heavier, for example, on smokers than others. In summary each individual should shop around for the best rate for their own personal profile. It is probable also that a few companies will reduce their rates in the last quarter of this year to regain their market share.

Back