Cheapest Electricity Supplier

Got info back from them. Basically as described by previous poster continuously floating price. Not clear how you track what unit cost u are paying monthly. Seem like a very small outfit but prices are v keen

Thats why this forum, is so good, we all post the “direct link”, to the offer, and later, the various companies hide them, so they don’t come up on searches, but the links are still active, and operational for new signups.
One of the reasons that this link has changed a few times is that it was never intended for the general public. If you phone Flogas to ask for the "community rate", the customer service staff will tell you it doesn't exist. If you want to avail of the offer, sign up online only.

There's a fixed rate gas "community" offer from Flogas too, which has keen rates.

The original weblinks (BWG, Artyza) appear to have been incentivised rates for employees of those companies and the links were distributed via internal email. The links were published and people found that they could sign up online without verification of employment in either company.

Flogas appear to have made their incentivised rates web link a bit more general, but as mentioned, if a member of the public phone customer service, they are told the rate doesn't exist, or it's for a specific group.

There's a big discussion on boards about it.

Am I right in saying those Flogas offers won't work if you've been duped into activating your Smart meter?

Am I right in saying those Flogas offers won't work if you've been duped into activating your Smart meter?
Has anybody been "duped"??
Or is it really a case of somebody not fully understanding what their signing up for!!

I think I was duped. Was offered "Insights" by EI. Wasn't told that this change would limit plans I could sign up for in the future.

I think I was duped. Was offered "Insights" by EI. Wasn't told that this change would limit plans I could sign up for in the future.
What did the Ts&Cs say? Insights isn't the name of a plan per say, just their terminology for providing detailed usage information. You don't need to be on a smart plan to see that information. You can get that by signing up on the ESB Networks site.

If you have indeed signed up to a smart plan then yes, you are now limited to smart plans, this policy is set by the regulator and not the providers.

Try this link
Thanks a lot @fayf and @gipimann! Just signed up for that as it's significantly cheaper (c. €600) than my current Electric Ireland urban night meter plan (~ 5000 units, 40:60 day/night) even after the €50 early termination charge to EI. I realise that it's a fixed rate plan and am OK with that.

Last edited:
What did the Ts&Cs say? Insights isn't the name of a plan per say, just their terminology for providing detailed usage information. You don't need to be on a smart plan to see that information. You can get that by signing up on the ESB Networks site.

If you have indeed signed up to a smart plan then yes, you are now limited to smart plans, this policy is set by the regulator and not the providers.

Was over the phone, no t+c's. I was asking them why my insights weren't showing online. They said they would have to turn them on. I said ok. That was it.
I know it's not a plan, but it changed my meter configuration to MCC12

Was over the phone, no t+c's. I was asking them why my insights weren't showing online. They said they would have to turn them on. I said ok. That was it.
I know it's not a plan, but it changed my meter configuration to MCC12
Based on above, you asked for 'insights' and confirmed activation (= acceptance). Maybe it was not explained to you because you asked why they were not showing.

Based on above, you asked for 'insights' and confirmed activation (= acceptance). Maybe it was not explained to you because you asked why they were not showing.
Correct. And wasn't told of consequences. So, "duped". In my opinion.
Anyway, back to my question.

Try this link
Thanks this worked for me. I currently pay 46cent/KWh + standing charge of EUR241.

Flogas offer above: 29.9cent/KWh + standing charge of EUR303.

I stand to save over EUR700 per year. I'm curious why this offer didn't come up on my bonkers search yesterday though. Is that the reference to offers being hidden?

I'm curious why this offer didn't come up on my bonkers search yesterday though. Is that the reference to offers being hidden?
Make sure you change the default answer for 'Only show tariffs available for sign up?' to 'No'. Leaving that as 'Yes' only shows the plans they earn commission on, but as per Regulator rules, they have to provide an option to see all publicly available tariffs.

Back