Cheapest annual maintenance fee for European shares

whatsmoney

I have a small amount of company shares (Xmas bonus) that Goodbody's are holding for me at the minute. It is costing 96.80 per year annual maintenance (inc VAT) to hold these in a phone based execution only account. I can't transfer them to the Goodbody's online/Aib online as their online account (25 euro annual maint.) does not support European shares for now. Does anyone know a stockbroker who charges a low annual maintenance fee for European shares? Thanks!

thanks ndublinooc.
do you just have a normal current account with them.... and what are the charges for that if any? i would guess that i would need to open a current account there before transferring the shares :)

Well Keytrade have no annual maintenance fee. You can't trade on the Irish market but on 4 or 5 European markets and the US. You can't beat that !

Whatsmoney - easy account, no charges, you would need the account I think
diarmuidc - my logic for going with NIB was they were locally based yet owned by Danske Bank ie accessible and unlikely to fold
. As far as I know I can trade on the markets you mentioned plus Irish

ps I have no connection with NIB

Whatsmoney - easy account, no charges, you would need the account I think
diarmuidc - my logic for going with NIB was they were locally based yet owned by Danske Bank ie accessible and unlikely to fold
. As far as I know I can trade on the markets you mentioned plus Irish

ps I have no connection with NIB

There is a charge for having the NIB custody account though of €40 per annum so that could be counted as a charge, just so all are aware. Seems some say they don't have maintenance charges but have other charges that fill the gap and recoup the revenue for them which is why you have to shop as you maybe able to avoid.

Well Keytrade have no annual maintenance fee. You can't trade on the Irish market but on 4 or 5 European markets and the US. You can't beat that !
I am interested in keytrade have you used them for long ie more than a yr have you been surprised by any hidden charges like annual account fees like NIB have or inactivity fees anything at all suspicious they have another way of recouping like the irish brokers only for ifsra I wouldnt have had a clue that they were nearly as bad as each other. [broken link removed]

Dont get me wrong NIB are well priced just trying to avoid that €40 custody account charge probably mean of me but why pay it if you dont have to.

Which is why I am interested in keytrade so Diarmuidc for a trade of 250 shares on the Milan exchange at 25EUR a share so total of 6250Euro for the transaction I would only have to pay €24.95? no other charges at any stage throughout the year unless I sell of course and pay same fee again and then wire fees of how much? Is there anything you see as over priced eg stock transfer in our out to another broker?

Has anybody used the Motley Fool share dealing service? Is it open to non UK citizens? Seems very cheap, what's the catch?

Back