cheaper to book bags on ryanair app than online

Clara16

worth double checking I saved €20 by booking my bag through the Ryanair app than booking it online.

definitely not app is €70 for a 20kg and website is €90 for 20kg
I've been watching it for a while as I missed the half price kids bag with the original booking, you can't add it on afterwards.
bags seem to also go down in price as the flight gets cheaper closer to departure. Mine was €110 a few weeks ago.
might be different on some routes, but worth a double check.

same price for me on app and on website , trip to Italy at end of the month

I looked at flights only to return a day or too later and see that the price had increased . . but then I deleted my browser cookies and rechecked, and the price had dropped back to the earlier/cheaper price.

I looked at flights only to return a day or too later and see that the price had increased . . but then I deleted my browser cookies and rechecked, and the price had dropped back to the earlier/cheaper price.

Common trick used by a lot of travel companies to try get you to book. They make you think prices are going up to encourage you to pull the trigger.

I've noticed the baggage pricing on Ryanair is much more variable than it used to be. I've seen one price for a bag on a Wednesday - and a different one two days later. It seems they are pricing bags like flights - higher prices for busier / more popular flights.
Where did you look and saw this practice? I thought they stopped doing it!

Back