Health Insurance Cheaper health Insurance policies than Laya Simply Connect and VHI one plan150

lucky7

Hi There,
Looking for some advice on a cheaper adult plan similar to Laya Simply Connect. I like the idea of getting some medical fees back from plan if possible but I can live without it. I also have a VHI one plan 150 for my 25 year old daughter and was wondering if there was a similar but cheaper plan out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lucky

Hi There,
Looking for some advice on a cheaper adult plan similar to Laya Simply Connect. I like the idea of getting some medical fees back from plan if possible but I can live without it. I also have a VHI one plan 150 for my 25 year old daughter and was wondering if there was a similar but cheaper plan out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lucky

Also on Simply Connect at the moment with renewal coming up on 1 April - considering switching spouse and I (no kids) to VHI PMI 49 10 as I can do salary deduction in work for it (and possibly get a discount which I can't for Laya - indeed I think Laya charge me more for monthly payment). However would appreciate any advice for any of the plans/insuerwrs that might be suitable.

Don't mind the co-pay for knee replacements as we're (fingers crossed) decades away from that. I've big demand for physiotherapy and can see VHI have improved the physio offering recently for that plan. Fertility treatment benefits on both seem in line as well.

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi There,
Lucky

Hi Lucky7,

There is no exact similar plan to Laya Simply Connect. The following 4 alternative options each have a compromise, details as follows;

1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1193pa(1251pa from 1 March) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospital covered; private excess 150
per admission to a private or hi-tech hospital, day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover, 50% refund for gp, consultant etc.
The compromise is 80% cover for hip or knee replacment surgery in private/hi-tech hospitals, except Blackrock Clinic fully covered.
Also inpatient excess of 150 is PER admission, Simply Connect excess is capped at 150 x 2 max per year for all private/hi-tech admissions.

2. VHI PMI 37 13; price 1147pa(1197pa from 1 March); all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 100 per admission
and 100 per day case procedure. Very limited day to day cover which is the compromise on this plan.

3. Laya Control 300 Create; price 1181pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private excess
300 PER admission and 125 per day case procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 80 per consultant, 30 per gp etc.
The compromise on this plan is the 300 excess per admission and the just 50 savings in price. But there is extra cover on this plan, a private room
in a private hospital is fully covered.

4. Laya Inspire Plan; price 1140pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 PER admission and day case excess
is 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for gp, consultants etc.
The compromise on this plan is regarding hi-tech hospital cover. Beacon is fully covered, but there is a 500 excess PER NIGHT in Mater Private
and Blackrock Clinic. The positive part is that Blackrock Clinic don't charge this fee onto the patient so Blackrock Clinic is fully covered.
But if Mater Private is important to you, this is not a suitable plan.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

If hi-tech hospital cover is not a priority, the following 2 plans cover all public, private and Beacon hospital. Capped excess of 300 x 2 or 200 x 2
max per year for all private hospital admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. Very limited day to day cover on theses plans.

25 year old daughter options;
There are very few alternative cheaper options, the following 2 plans are worth considering. The main difference is the private excess on admission.
Age 25 is the final year for a price reduction, before the full adult price applies;

1. VHI One Plan 250; price 896pa(926pa from 1 March) all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 250 x 2 max per year for
all private admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure.

2. VHI One Plan 500; price 760pa( 780pa from 1 March) all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 500 x 2 max per year for
all private admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Regards, Snowyb

Also on Simply Connect at the moment with renewal coming up on 1 April - considering switching spouse and I (no kids) to VHI PMI 49 10 as I can do salary deduction in work for it (and possibly get a discount which I can't for Laya - indeed I think Laya charge me more for monthly payment). However would appreciate any advice for any of the plans/insuerwrs that might be suitable.

Don't mind the co-pay for knee replacements as we're (fingers crossed) decades away from that. I've big demand for physiotherapy and can see VHI have improved the physio offering recently for that plan. Fertility treatment benefits on both seem in line as well.

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi Markel,

Just to highlight that VHI PMI 49 10 plan has no cover for Bons Secours Glasnevin or Mater Private Dublin. These 2 hospitals may not be important
to you, just in case, its good to know.

Regarding good physiotherapy cover, the following selection of Laya plans have extra cover.
Control 300 Create refund of 30 x 25 visits.
Prime plan refund of 40 x 25 visits.
Inspire Plus and Simply Health Choice both have 50% refund x 25 visits.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/#/plan-comparison?plansAndProfiles=W3siaWQiOjEsImFnZSI6MjYsIm1pbk1heFByaWNlIjpbMCw2NTAwXSwibWluTWF4RXhjZXNzIjpbMCw2MDBdLCJwbGFuVHlwZSI6MSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZCI6WzE1MjksMTM0OSwxNTE0XSwicGxhbnMiOnsiZGF0YSI6W10sImxvYWRpbmciOnRydWV9LCJwbGFuc1NlbGVjdGVkRGF0YSI6W10sImFwcGxpY2F0aW9uIjp7InBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

I know some of these are more expensive than Simply Connect but it may be cost effective overall for higher physio refunds.

Note; As you renewal date is April, there will be price changes coming for that month which will be updated on the HIA website next week.

Regards Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it- very informative indeed.
Lucky7

Back