Cheap Skiing Destination

ccbkd

Would like to rustle up a cheap week on the slopes just after X-mas say 27th - Flights can be found no problem - just get a ryanair flight anywhere to central Europe, the only problem I am finding is any of the resorts in Austrian Alps -accomodation is hard to source maybe its the time of year and it does seem quiet expensive - Ideally I am looking for somewhere with good slopes and lively apres ski and would like to avoid package operators - any suggestions welcome

That week is the highest of peak season for the whole Austrian winter so accomodation will be difficult to come by, let alone at a reasonable price. However if you are willing to stay slightly away from the resort itself, you can try all the towns surrounding St. Anton (pettneu, flirsch, strengen) - won't be as busy but all have good access to the pluses of St. Anton - great skiing and superb apres ski - and these are all very accessible from the main train lines salzburg - innsbruch - zurich - munich

Had an email from holidaylettings.co.uk and they seem to have a lot of Austrian ski aparts for rent, might be worth having a look at.

Myself and 3 mates (2 of them Poles) are going to the Polish ski resort of Zakopane in early January. We have been there in the summer and really liked it. As a ski resort, it is meant to be fairly basic but good for beginners like us as the slopes are not too steep. It will definitely work out much cheaper than any package to the likes of Austria or Italy. We will fly to Krakow with Ryanair (€150 return), then bus it to the resort. Accomodation will cost 1500 PLN for 5 nights (4 people), which works out at just over €100 per person, or only €20 each per day. We are booked in [broken link removed]. My Polish mates recommend the place highly. In terms of nightlife there are 11 or 12 pubs and a good nightclub, lots of restaurants etc.

The way to go Gebbel.

Was there in March with the family.

Brilliant for skiing on the cheap.

6 of us last March for 7 nights all in incl ski hire/lessons€ 2,400.

Loads of lessons for the kids.

Going again in the New Year.

People are mad to pay upwards of € 1,000 each per person all in going to the likes of Austria and Poland.

Maybe we're on the same flight - heading from Shannon.

By the way visit Kotelnica in Bialka Tatrzanska - range of lifts there.

PM me if you want any information.

Meant Austria or France or places such as.

Its elitist thing no matter where you go even Poland - not that I'm into that scene anyway.

Cheap Skiing

I saw the pics on [broken link removed] Could anybody tell me, which is the best place for snow skiing and for entertainment.....

Looks like I'm an elitist but I wouldn't be adverse to slumming it with the riff-raff in Poland for a few days. Can you get a bus directly from the airport to the resort and what's the transfer time?

If that's what you think of the Polish people then you do not deserve a response Leo.

Sorry Daddy but you were the one that introduced the class system here - was only trying to speak your language. Anyway, back to my question - can you get a connection directly from the airport or do you need to go airport>bus/train station>resort?

I beg your pardon I did not introduce any class system in my post.

I merely pointed out a cheaper destination not a chepaer culture like you have.

Go find out your answer for yourself mate.

How about southern spain!

http://www.idealspain.com/pages/places/sierranevada.htm

Snow is good this year.

you can fly to:
Malaga 3hours drive
Granada 30 mins to slopes
Almeria - about 3 hours drive

All Ryanair / aerlingus destinations.

What's nice is you can have the ski holiday but also be close or stay in granada - for a proper city experience too.

You probably won't get better value for money than in Scotland just now.

Good skiing, no language worries, short flight - a good deal just now, I reckon.

You could also try for late deals

Back