Cheap Pharmacy Products by mail

ClubMan

Please note that this post was not posted by ClubMan but was imported from the previous ezBoard version of AAM under his name!

If you are looking for non prescription products you can get them by mail for anything up to 35% / 40% less than in Ireland from www.pharmacydirect.com.au , I have used them several times and even though you pay postage from Australia you can save a lot especially if you buy in bulk for the year....

Edited by ClubMan to fix link.

Great tip, Stevo.

For contact lens solutions, I've used [broken link removed] from Manchester. Even allowing for the Sterling conversion, their prices usually work out about 2/3rd of the price in Irish pharmacies. Delivery is free (at the moment).

Mind you, the Aussie prices look to be cheaper again! How long does it usually take for a shipment to be delivered for Oz?

Regards - RainyDay

It takes about 5 to 7 days for delivery. The € to AU$ rate is very good at the moment. Interestingly some products e.g. Sensodyne toothpaste are actually manufactured in Ireland and still work out cheaper! makes you wonder..

pharmacies

Please note that this post was not posted by ClubMan but was imported from the previous ezBoard version of AAM under his name!

if you're interested there's another e-pharmacy called docmorris at www.0800docmorris.com
I haven't used them but they are Dutch based and are doing hugh trade to Germany because they offer much lower prices. Maybe shipment is not so long as from Australia ?
Laoise

ps how do you add a link properly in the text ??
L

Edited by ClubMan to fix link.

Re: pharmacies

ps how do you add a link properly in the text ??

See the and tutorials. If the Convert URL Links option on the posting page is checked then simply type/paste in the full URL (including the "http://" prefix) and it will be converted to a link automatically.

The delivery charge from Australia to Ireland is $22.50 (economy rate) on this web-site which cuts into the savings you make on the items, presumably you'd have to be making a very large order to make it worthwhile.

pharmacies

thanks Clubman
- reading the manual does help !
Laoise

What are the customs charges and duties on these items ?

Presumably, all the above posters are declaring such importations to Customs ?

;)

Re: .

Hi S - I hadn't thought about that. I'm certainly not trying to evade/avoid duties. I presume it is the duty of the sender to label the products appropriately, and the customs would then levy charges based on the declarations.

I honestly can't remember what declaration (if any) was on the products that came to me.

Can anyone confirm the correct procedure/liability for this?

Re: .docmorriss

Hi,
Connecting to 0800docmorris came up with this message - anyone see this before....

"The website?s certificate was signed by an unknown certifying authority. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be ?www.0800docmorris.com? which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to continue anyway?"

I declined to connect.
N3000

Re: .docmorriss

Yeah - I got it when from www.cdwow.ie and similarly declined to continue. It doesn't inspire confidence when commercial websites can't get security on their payments pages right... :rolleyes

Back