Cheap international landline calls

noddy said:
Has any members on here ever tryed it. If it works, thanks a lot Murt.

Definitely works. Friends of mine can even access the number from their work phones when normally calls are restricted to Dublin landlines only.

Hi All,

I've started to use www.blueface.ie (99 euro for ATA box plus 6 mths free calls to Irish landlines) and combining this free 6 mth offer with [broken link removed] (dialling international numbers using a 1890 number) all my international calls are free.

I dunno how telestunt make their money but I'm not complaining.

UpTheBanner said:
combining this free 6 mth offer with telestunt (dialling international numbers using a 1890 number) all my international calls are free.

But you are paying for the 1890 call 4.92 cents per minute peak , 1.26 cent off peak I think.

Hi,

no - the calls are definitely free for the 1st 6mths at least. Blueface allows you to view all you calls and costs online once an account is setup.

Having just checked the website - after the 6mth offer the cost per min (in euro) will be:
Ireland - LoCall 1890Peak
0.032Off-Peak

3.2 cents and 1.7 cents

That's great - unusual that they would include non geographic numbers in their Irish free calls offer!

H:confused: ow does telestunt manage to be so cheap for international calls?
Is there any catch?

No catch at all been using them for years .

Another option is budget for some international landline destinations where the call costs 4.92c eves and weekends , also no catch at all and no contract .

[broken link removed]

Their description below of their own service ...not mine.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How much does it cost:-[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It costs the same as making an Irish National call![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For example, if you are using Eircom as your provider, calls to 0818242526 are charged to the caller’s normal phone bill at 8.17c/min peak and 4.9c/min off-peak and weekend (no international call charges are applied). [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What countries can be called:- (subject to change) correct 08/01/2006[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Canary Islands, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Bangkok, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA, Hawaii, Vatican City, Venezuela, US Virgin Islands.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]*If a caller attempts to call a destination using the 0818 International Gateway that is not covered in the above listing, they will be informed of same. They will also be given a premium rate number that they may call to connect to the required destination, and will be informed of the price per minute to call the premium rate number. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What are the limitations of the service:-[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The service is designed for calling fixed lines in the countries listed above, from fixed lines in Ireland. It is not possible to call every destination, in particular mobile phones cannot be called in most countries.[/FONT]

does the telestunt.ie operation still work,i get engaged tone when i dial the 1890 access code,and same when i diall 1520.

does the telestunt.ie operation still work,i get engaged tone when i dial the 1890943123, access code,and same when i diall 1520.

[broken link removed]

- I use 1890 990 505 and call U.S. cell phone numbers for price of local call.

Yeah that telestunt number is dead, try using the one ken mentioned or 1890 944 715 [broken link removed]

Dont use cheapchat for U.S.A. as it's not cheap -they charge National Rate!

Anybody come across cheaper than Dialwise using landline or Internet?

Back