cheap furniture etc.

ontheup

Hi
I have just purchased a house in lucan and was wondering if anyone can help me with cheap places to purchase beds,flooring(wooden floors and carpet),kitchen appliances and sofas etc..

regards
ontheup

ps. links to some cheap sites would also be very helpful.

I'd advise not to try and do everything in one go if your budget is tight. Kit/fit out the most important rooms first and do everything else gradually. We're in our house 10 years this month and only in the last few months have really finished accumulating the stuff that we need because we were never really that bothered... :)

Carpet right for lino, carpets and laminate floors that you can put down yourself. They do free estimating and if you choose to fit everything yourself then thats extra.They also have reminants on sale of Lino and carpet. Furniture ...you could try Argos, Spoils in the Jervis sometimes do lovely bits and pieces... we bought our solid 6 seater wooden table and chairs there and they were on sale. I know Arnotts have a bargin basement in Abbey st for kitchen ware and pictures ect, Downstairs bargain basment in Arnotts for cushions, curtains bed linen, and they have opened up a small store in the GPO arcade in Henry st that sell furniture..couches, drawers and tables...still pricey but usually half what they were!Get there early in the morn though as no deposits are taken.Dunnes are also doing furniture...a small selection but worth a look.Look out for sales and by picking up small pieces every now and then makes a difference. I have been shopping for the last year and a half and didnt even have a house at that stage. You could also try the buy&sell if you have transport.Sometime they can do nice things.Hope this helps.

there is usually a lot of furniture advertised on Freecycle if you don't mind using secondhand stuff.

Did the same as Sarah. My house took ages because of probate to come through. Started picking up things that i knew i would need when there was a sale on. Its great doing it slowly - as i've got so many things on offer. I've also paid the same in sale price for better quality as i would have for a cheaper alternative. Before i moved into my house i was picturing bits of furniture i wanted for different rooms - since i've moved however i've changed my mind and prefer a much less cluttered look (don't now want the set of side tables etc). I've a friend who still has the plastic on the legs of his dining suite having had it for about 5 years and wishes he'd got a pool table instead so i'd advise not to rush to fill every room. Give yourself time to live in the house with the basics and maybe borrowed bits and pieces first.

hi there,

We got cutlrey set in TK Maxx i think it was about 50 euro or less for the set went into arnotts and the exact same set was 140 euro.

For paint try crown on the malahide road

Pennys is great for picking up tea towels and stuff like that

Fairyhouse market is good for garden furniture, cleaning products, you can buy the big bottle of bleach, large boxes of washing powder and it lasts for ages they sell electrical stuff at the market as well its on Sundays

have a look in the argos book to give you ideas

Navan has some warehouses you might pick up a sofa/beds a bit cheaper

Sign up to aldi/lidl newsletters we got spotlights in there this week for €15.00 and we also bought some tools the prices were very good

Best of luck with the house

Back