Cheap Flights to South America

ludermor

Im thinking of going to South America for 2 weeks at the end of July, i was excpeting to find some good deals on Lastminute.com or the like but i cannot find anything! All flights are well over 1000.
Can anyone recommend me a website where i mihgt be able to get a good deal, i am pretty flexible as to where i will go ( Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina etc) and i know there are a lot more possiblilities flying out of london so i wouldnt rule that out.
Thanking you in advance.

London might not be your best bet for South America, flying via Amsterdam or Madrid might give you better options.

Have to say seems a bit odd not caring which country you travel to, they're all very different.

Check www.skyscanner.ie for flights

Ill try that site, i just want to go away for 2 weeks, if i got a good deal on lastminute i would go luck dip. I know enough about each country to know i would have a good time in any of them ( they are getting more and more popular with backpackers esp Bolivia & Colombia) so if i got the flights sorted i would then plan a rough itinerary. I hate package holidays and love heading into the unknown!! As long as i have a fligt in and out im pretty happy to go with the flow in between.

+1 on the above, way better craic. Myself and another did that in 2007, booked flights to/from Mexico (with Trailfinders) and had 3 weeks to do whatever we wanted. Ended up visiting Belize and Guatemala as well.

How did trailfinders work out? I know they are good for multi trip planning but wouldnt have considered them for last minute deals. I know i am very tight for time but i couldnt have planned this any earlier ( current ecomonic situation etc. etc)

another option might be to try and get a flight only from one of the package holiday flights to cancun in mexico and then make your own way from there? we did this a good few years ago and it worked out well - though obviously it narrows your trip to central rather than south america.

i've just looked at a few places on www.opodo.co.uk and all the destinations are looking very expensive.

Interesting option Derek, Mexico would definetly appeal to me and in general it is cheaper to get their, Cheers

[broken link removed]

Dunno is that one way or not? Will try to dig out how much it cost the last time.....

Going for a holiday is always exciting for everyone. But many do not take them as they may not have the required funds or the time required for the trip. South America is one of the cheapest and most beautiful places to visit. Cheap flights are the best option to visit all the places where we desire to go.

To Rio de Janeiro, I went Shannon to Atlanta and then Rio.......was recommended by Trailfinders and was quite reasonable. Flew with Delta. Came back from Lima.
Worth a try....You can get internal flights through LAN or if you really want to do it cheap there are long haul buses...

Did SHA -> Paris -> Bogota last June with Air France for €578 - booked direct from the air france website.
Colombia was great - but just make sure your switched on at all times! ;)

I booked with travelfinders from Dusseldorf to Buenos Aires and back from Rio de Janeiro to Dusseldorf. Flight cost €1000. Iberia was the airline and it went through Madrid both flights. Madrid seems to be a main hub for South America from Europe so you might get value direct with Iberia and book separate to Madrid.

We used bus form Buenos Aires to Rio in legs. Suprisingly comfortable, reclining seats to sleep, well organised re meal breaks, easy to book in the main bus stations. 18 hours was longest bus trip but it was not a chore, plus you save on an overnight stay.

We used bus form Buenos Aires to Rio in legs. Suprisingly comfortable, reclining seats to sleep, well organised re meal breaks, easy to book in the main bus stations. 18 hours was longest bus trip but it was not a chore, plus you save on an overnight stay.
Must be a South American thing! Same experience in Colombia. Great network of buses - well organised bus stations & ticketing and ultra comfy reclining seats -and cheap as chips.
Definitely a great way to move about for someone flying in and organising their trip as they go..

Just remember to mind your belongings on these buses. They are used by a lot of locals as well who can be a bit light fingered. But yes they are cheap and reasonably comfortable.

Back