Chartered Accountants & CPA Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comment was specifically directed at those individuals who made much insulting and crass remarks like "Johnny Rotten," referring to CPA members as "Car Park Attendants," and "Backstreet Abortionists," or talking about "sneaking in the back door" and boasting about a superior brand. It's hard to overlook the similarities these attitudes share with the rhetoric around Brexit.

From a broader perspective, I see this more as an acquisition than anything else. We're talking about potentially adding 5,000-6,000 new membership subscriptions to our revenue, reducing competition for student recruitment, and incorporating what appears to be a healthy balance sheet from CPA. At a high level, the merger appears to makes business sense.
its ludicrous to suggest that the CAI and CPA were competing for students and the CAI is a superior brand, the majority of partners in the big 4 firms are chartered accountants.

My comment was specifically directed at those individuals who made much insulting and crass remarks like "Johnny Rotten," referring to CPA members as "Car Park Attendants," and "Backstreet Abortionists," or talking about "sneaking in the back door" and boasting about a superior brand. It's hard to overlook the similarities these attitudes share with the rhetoric around Brexit.

From a broader perspective, I see this more as an acquisition than anything else. We're talking about potentially adding 5,000-6,000 new membership subscriptions to our revenue, reducing competition for student recruitment, and incorporating what appears to be a healthy balance sheet from CPA. At a high level, the merger appears to makes business sense.

The business case was perhaps the ace in the pack. I was disappointed that there wasn't a greater turnout by both Institutes.

The referendum comission is running advertising across TV, print and social media encouraging people to vote.

Going forward, I think there is a job of work encouraging students into the profession and showing them that there is a diverse range of roles open to them within the profession.

AI is going to be a challenge for the profession but I think it will take a lot of the drudgery out of the job.

I think we will be well able to meet any future challenges.

The business case was perhaps the ace in the pack.
Desperate to economic times for Chartered Accountants Ireland called for desperate measures. Matters weren’t help by an Institute President who looks and dresses like Johnny Rotten. It’s very hard to be proud of the brand when your President looks completely unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back