Chartered Accountants & CPA Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
we could be left with a vacuum that could very well see the lunatics take over the 'asylum' by those same voices of discord and divisiveness that we see here.

The Institute members are a very conservative bunch. In the unlikely event that Council members step down, there would be plenty of other sane people to replace them.

In any event, it has a huge bureaucracy which will continue to function.

Brendan

I’m delighted as a car park attendant to have snuck in the back door, which is the way gekko suggested. Don’t worry bud, I have a few years experience in a Big 4 car park so hope that will be somewhat up to your standards. On a serious note as someone abroad, there is/was no overseas branch for CPA in my location, so I am looking forward to joining the local CAI branch and future networking! Hopefully they won’t be as judgmental as some of the commenters here.

I’m delighted as a car park attendant to have snuck in the back door, which is the way gekko suggested. Don’t worry bud, I have a few years experience in a Big 4 car park so hope that will be somewhat up to your standards. On a serious note as someone abroad, there is/was no overseas branch for CPA in my location, so I am looking forward to joining the local CAI branch and future networking! Hopefully they won’t be as judgmental as some of the commenters here

CPA Ireland and CAI are just accountancy institutes.. Some of the comments made on this thread reminded me of the reform club in around the world in 80 days.

I voted no just becasue i think icai is a shambles.

I hope CPA Ireland will bring their ethos and high standards over to the CAI

Dmcopp, there is no reason to rub it in. The campaign to merge or not to merge is over. What was said is now in the past. These are passions with regard to the profession. Let the ACA and CPA find common ground and move forward.

Learn from me: the proponents of the merger didn't appreciate what I said during the Canadian merger debate and launched an ethics complaint against me. I'll provide you with a section of what was written to me when I refused to apologize for my statements during the debate on the pros and cons of the merger: 'Although I am very disappointed with your approach in addressing this matter, I appreciate your response. Please be advised that I will be lodging an ethics complaint.'

I hope CPA Ireland will bring their ethos and high standards over to the CAI
Not interested. Just want:
1 lower annual fees
2 no threats of removal CA designation for bot paying fee
3. More transparency re icai finances, more scrutiny of this. Media should ve looking at tbis. Hopefully cpa can facilitate this.

1 lower annual fees
3. More transparency re icai finances, more scrutiny of this. Media should ve looking at tbis. Hopefully cpa can facilitate this.
I completely agree.
The merger has now to deliver for members.(including subscriptions).
There also has to be much better engagement with members.

A superb basis for amalgamating…

I should sell my house and move in with a family down the road.

Imagine the savings we could all make!

The red line issue here is allowing CPAs to use the ACA/FCA designation. They haven’t earned it and they don’t deserve it. Whoever negotiated this ‘deal’ should be taken to to the roof of the white elephant that is Chartered Accountants House and thrown off it.

1 lower annual fees
do you seriously believe that you should be allowed continuing membership of any organisation while refusing to pay the membership sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back