Charged for accommodation in prague that we had cancelled

virgo2011

Hi all,

hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice. I recently travelled to Prague wt a group of 5 friends. One of the ladies booked an apt for us but whilst doing that she wrote her email in wrong (a wrong digit) . As she didn't receive a confirmation email back she went to check.and realised her mistake so she rebooked the same apt 20 mins later wt her correct email.

This booking was done in Dec. In Jan 2017 she cancelled this apt as it was unsuitable for us. She was notified of this cancellation. We travelled to Prague on April 20th and stayed in another apt. But the management of the first apartment took 752euro and are now refusing to refund us our money.

Please can anybody give advice on how we can get our money back. She has evidence of what happened from booking.com

Thx

She should have contacted booking.com by phone or on the online contact form after she realised her error with the email address. The original booking was still valid, how would booking.com be aware if a wrong email address had been used. This has happened to me several times with Ryanair, mistyping an email and then not getting my confirmation email, I promptly contact them to resend using correct email. I would say you won't get your money back on this but you can try contacting them and explain what had happened.

She never cancelled the first booking therefore she is not entitled to a refund.

I'm afraid the title here is a little misleading. You were not charged for the apartment you cancelled, you just failed to cancel the booking for the first apartment and were charged for that.

As you say, you have evidence from Booking.com making the bookings. Without evidence of requesting a cancellation of the first booking, they are under no obligation to refund you.

You could try to initiate a chargeback on your credit card but as people say you don't really have a valid reason for it and it doesn't seem likely that your credit card provider would agree to do it.

You could try to initiate a chargeback on your credit card but as people say you don't really have a valid reason for it and it doesn't seem likely that your credit card provider would agree to do it.

For a chargeback to be processed, the OP would need to provide their card issuer with evidence they simply don't have.

Thx you all for your kind advice...we are following a few lines....with the apartment complex...booking.com and the bank so hopefully something positive will be forthcoming. Thx again all

Thx you all for your kind advice...we are following a few lines....with the apartment complex...booking.com and the bank so hopefully something positive will be forthcoming. Thx again all

For the benefit of others, let us know how you get on.

Back