Charged €56 for 3 mobile calls by bbg luxembourg

star32

I was in A and E in one of our main hospitals on Sunday. I had no battery left on my mobile and of course had no change so had to use the payphone to make 3 mobile calls, on my credit card. Each call took less than a minute and as i found out today was charged €19 per phone call.

I rang my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do because by accepting the phonecall I was accepting their tarriff. There was no pricelist anywhere and the operator said it would be €1 per local call. There was no mention of mobile calls. Foolishly i presumed it wouldnt be much more and the vulnerable position I was in I had no choice. Am unable to find contact details for the company on line. I can find pages of nothing but complaints about them with no positive results.

Is this a situation were I put it down to experience? Is there anyone I can complain to regarding these crazy charges? I have tried ringing the hospital but the manager for A and E wasnt available. Will try again later. Has anyone else any experience with BBG luxembourg. Thanks

I did a search and found that site immediately. Read that they have continued to debit some peoples credit card for calls they didnt make so called my credit card company to stop the card in case. Otherwise is just seems to be a site full of complaints. How can i prevent this happening to other people?

Have since contacted the manager of A and E and she agreed that these charges need to be highlighted! As far as she was concerned they were Eircom phones so she has promised to get back to me.

Back