Changing mortgage interest rate

MikeDub

Registered User
Messages
18
I have two Bank of Ireland mortgages - one on a 2 year fixed term of 4% and the other at the standard variable rate of 4.15%.
I now have a BER cert with an A rating and am going to switch both to a 3.1% 4-year fixed.
3.1% sounds like the most competitive rate on offer from an Irish bank at the moment, right? Especially if I want to avoid the hassle of switching provider.
 
3.1% sounds like the most competitive rate on offer from an Irish bank at the moment, right?

PTSB offer a 4 year fixed rate of 3%.


But switching lenders to save 0.1% might not be with the hassle and possible expense unless they cover that and/or offer cash back.

And you might want to consider @Brendan Burgess's comments on PTSB in this thread.

 
Back
Top