changing morgage lenders

Eve1

Hi,
we are considering changing mortgage lenders asap in order to get a good fixed rate but trying to organise the paper work is a nightmare. I have just my work form signed but I am a bit worried. Does the Bank phone your work in order to verify your earnings etc? If they do I have a problem in that my boss is away for the next 3 months but I really need to get the mortgage as soon as possible. Could this be an issue in us getting the mortgage?

Eve,

Will your pay slips and bank statements not verify your salary? If you can demonstrate to the bank that you've had a regular salary coming into your account for a period of time greater than 6 months then the salary certificate from your boss should only be a formality.

Hi Eve,

Submit the following documents and you should be able to get approval with out the salary cert.. Really depends on which lender your dealing with.

1. P60 for the year 2005
  2. 3 of your most recent payslips
  3. 3 months up to date current account statments no older then 2 months old.

All lenders will look for a salary cert in addition to the payslips, bank statements and P60's however very few do a telephone check to confirm the details. Even on the (unlikely) off-chance that they do surely there would be someone else who could confirm that you worked there and your income?

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Some lenders will issue an approval in principal with out the need to submit a salary cert....but it will be required for loan offer...

Suppose at the end of the day it really depends who you know :)

Back