Changing Job – After Principle mortgage approval

Chanakya

Hi All,

I am FTB. I have principle mortgage approved for me and partner. 10% deposit is almost there. Probably I will be going to market for new homes after 3 weeks. But I have good job opportunity in hand now. It gives me more base salary if I got that. Can you please let me know, Will it impact of mortgage approval process?

Kind Regards,

If your lender finds out about your new role, you may be asked for a new Salary Cert. If this is likely to say you are working a probationary period in the new job, your loan offer may be withdrawn.

My lender mysteriously found out about my new job just before I drew down the loan. Luckily I persuaded them that the new role was with a more established company and on better terms but I got one hell of a shock.

It would be very likely too that lender would look for up to date payslips just before drawdown stage and the new employer would be noticed then and would probably trigger the request for a new Salary cert which as poster above says if it shows a probationery period could land you in trouble with loan offer.

My lender mysteriously found out about my new job just before I drew down the loan

Lender could easily have rang employer on the salary cert they had to confirm details before drawdown and discovered you were no longer there that way!

Back